How do you cope working at many set ups

Carpon

Valued Contributor
As a career person or business person, you may have the idea of combining a number of jobs to help you earn more and properly make use of your skill

But at many times, working at multiple places may be really stressful and you may need to evolve ways through which you can balance your multiple businesses.

I will share my ideas about balancing the idea of working at many places a time and you can share your own ideas with me in the comments section.

• First it will be good that you choose jobs which will not clash in terms of the time and schedule that the jobs give to you. You may struggle balancing them if they clash therefore you must know how to position yourself.

• It is also advisable that you join jobs that are demanding with those less demanding. Many jobs need more time than others and so you can engage in such at a given time.

Speaking form experience, it's never easy honestly. Most of my other jobs are done online, though I have an offline job so one would think it would be a lot easier to navigate between both working online and offline jobs but the problem is my offline job takes most of the time. Every day I leave for the office as early as 6:30am in the morning and come back 8 or 9pm majority of the times I usually come back tired and too exhausted to even do any of my online jobs. There are times where I manage to do one or two jobs online but the time is never enough to cover all the jobs am into.

If you have opportunity to work in different areas at a time , then we have to understand that this is going to be a stressful activities in our life because coping with all these things may not be an easy thing most especially if you are working offline ..

It could have been very much easier in a situation that you work online because here you do not stress yourself and you can achieve most of these thing at the comfort of your home without any much physical stress as long as you have access to internet connection.

Working in a multiple areas is very good because it gives you opportunity to have more than one source of income , but at the same time it is also a stressful activities because you have to concentrate so much. I personally will choose to avoid a situation that could possibly lead to stress in my life.

If you examine very well, that is how people work outside the shores of Africa. People don't get stuck in one job. They put in the hours they can in an organization and move on to the next organization. My friend in the UK works in 4 different places. He is working all the shifts just because he has financial obligations to meet up with.

Even here in Nigeria, people do more than one kind of job. My take is that if you want to do multiple jobs, choose jobs that are related to each other. I used to teach in a secondary school full time and when school closes, I go to teach in a Jamb Class. In that way, the second job is like an offshoot of the previous job. The way the economy is now, doing one job might not really be economically feasible. The tide of recession is biting hard on us.

I haven't worked many offline jobs, but i've worked on many online jobs at once. Working at many set ups or doing different jobs at once can be really stressful and sometimes frustrating. One can cope with working on different set ups by;
  • doing jobs one has passion for or that one likes. If one works two - three jobs that one doesn't like, one could end up being very frustrated.
  • Take breaks. One should always learn to take breaks in between work to avoid breaking down. It isn't easy to do one job alone without taking a break talkless of two - three jobs.
  • One should try to strike a balance between the works. The truth is that no matter how hardworking one is, one cab never do everything at once.