How Do You Motivate Yourself As A Forex Trader

Jentacular

I have a dream. I want to give my family the happiness they deserve. The thought of seeing my family happy motivates me to work hard and trade better.

Dita Walczak

Verified member
It’s essential for a trader to retain motivation in him for a longer time. Without remain motivated, a trader can’t do well from trading. I never remember my losses again and again because it causes me to lose my confidence of trading. The facilities of Eurotrader always help me to derive good amount of profit.

Rookery

In forex trading, it is very easy to feel demotivated and quit. But one who tolerates the losses and keeps moving tends to be successful in the long run. Imo, the reason for which a trader starts trading is the driving force which keeps him moving forward.

LaneBall

For keeping myself motivated in this highly volatile world of forex, I swear by techniques like maintaining a trading journal and practising meditation so that I remain focused on my long-term vision and goals. Also, celebrating small wins is the key to keep yourself going towards the path of success.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
In forex losses are inevitable and there's no way you could trade forex without recording some amount of losses. If you are in forex and you believed that you will make profit all the time, that's a big lie. You must be trained on how to accept losses. It is true that if you lose in a particular trade, there's every possibility that you won't come back tomorrow to trade. The onus lies on you to manage the risk that is involved in forex trading.

It is advisable to trade just 1% to 2% of your account. this will allow you to keep coming back into forex trading whenever you lose because the amount of money that you would lose will be very minimal so that you won't have the cause for alarm. Basically, it is very important that you should take into cognisance the amount of money that you will put into forex trading because it is a very risky venture. Mostly, if you do not know how to carry out the technical and fundamental analysis of the forex market. if you know your way around the risk management in Forex, then you will be able to minimise losses and you will keep trading.

Diapason

You, i.e. 'YOU' are the only one who can motivate yourself. No one else from the outside can. They can guide you and motivate you, but taking action and motivating yourself - both are in your hands.
It sometimes feels like giving up, but only those who leave these emotions behind win the game of forex.

Fartsdump

Maintaining motivation during financial trading can be a challenge for many traders, both beginner and experienced. As for me, I know that I can make a lot of money by trading forex and this keeps me going forward. I also keep reading stories of successful forex traders because they really motivate me a lot. My financial goals and the aspiration to become rich is the core reason why I trade with all my focus, hard work, and consistency.

Neuroid

I maintain a trading journal. It helps me keep my thoughts jotted down and makes it easier for me to refer to, if I ever feel like I’ve made a mistake. It takes a lot to learn from mistakes and not repeat them. I meditate to motivate, it brings me back to reality.

Brijesh Mckee

I try to remind myself why I chose trading. It gets really tough sometimes, and quitting feels like the only option. But I try to show up every day.

captainKazoo

Staying motivated during trading can be quite challenging at times. It is normal to feel demotivated sometimes because of ups and downs in the market. We are our biggest competitors. Try to look out for ways to better ourselves each day and learn at least one new thing everyday. Always set realistic goals, this way we can save ourselves from demotivation. I think what demotivates us in trading is when we start comparing our success with others so don’t compare yourself to others and don't expect too much. I always keep my goals realistic and my financial goals keep me going.

Hydrogenic

Totally agree with this. Self motivation is a skill every trader must possess. It can be quite crazy out there trading in the market. While it takes time and energy, you have to make sure you make the most of the opportunity and make returns. Rather than worrying, apply strategies that involve managing risk on the overall, analyse the market and move with it. You can watch videos and upgrade skills or read the many books available online. Learning has become easy.

Ivo Zetticci

Verified member
For market analysis, use of indicators is a very common sight. There remain a number of indicators on a platform and traders pick one of them according to their knowledge over it. Traders have to make the judgment over which indicator performs better by using them.

Chlamys

I say, 'everything is fine, it is alright'. Then I calm down and do nothing except close my eyes for a while. No woo-woo, nothing from outside. It makes me feel better. I have understood the fact that if I try to recover losses, I’d end up losing more, so I refrain from doing any such action.

Kamala Hooper

Staying motivated as a forex trader is hard. I personally feel like it is more important to develop a consistency and a dedicated trading routine. And, it should be your do-or-die thing to follow this routine. If you plan to trade forex daily, do it. If you plan to trade forex only once or twice a week, do it. Don’t break the consistency. Gradually, you will develop a motivation for completing your tasks.

Monadism

I read success stories. Reading about the struggles every trader faces and how they manage to come out of them is really inspiring.

Economacy

As a forex trader, it is important to have a clear motivation for why you are trading.
This motivation will help you stay focused and disciplined when trading.

One way is to set yourself specific goals. For example, you may want to set a goal of earning a certain amount of money each month. This will give you something to aim for and help keep you motivated.

And the second way to motivate yourself is to keep a trading journal. This will allow you to track your progress and see how you are improving over time.

Walkabout

I think about the life I will live after I achieve success and this is what keeps me going. When we start comparing our trading results to others, we lose motivation. It is natural to feel demotivated at times due to market ups and downs. Every day, try to find methods to improve ourselves and learn at least one new thing. Always create realistic goals; this way, we can avoid demotivation.

Hylotomous

I analyse the market and then set expectations. This keeps me from losing anything extra and motivates me to stay active so that I can take advantage of the market as much as I can. And who won’t agree that money is the biggest motivation when you are a forex trader.

Slumberous

Trading is a self-motivated journey. To survive in an extremely volatile market, a trader must be self-motivated. You can learn from other successful traders. It is preferable to adopt a trader's mindset and make confident trades.