How Effective Is Weight Loss Surgery?

hany

For severely overweight individuals that have failed to see results from diet and exercise alone, weight-loss surgery has become the safest and most effective means of achieving significant weight loss. In fact, studies have shown that with diet and exercise alone, nearly 95% of obese patients will gain all the lost weight back within 5 years. On the other hand, long-term success rates for weight-loss surgery - including the LAP-BAND procedure - are remarkably high, allowing patients to maintain a loss of between 50-70% of their excess body weight. Though there are many factors that can impact an individual patient's weight-loss success, weight-loss surgery is simply the most effective long-term weight loss and healthy lifestyle solution for severely obese patients.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It will be effective except if the surgery is carried out by some people that are not expert. If there are expert to carry out the operation, there is high chance of its effectiveness. But it is even better and money saver to go for natural ways of losing weight.

Good luck

Verified member
I will not suggest having a weight surgery loss.instead of going through surgery it is more preferable to use drugs or take some food supplements that will burn the fat weight gradually.I also discovered that some exercises help in reducing the fat in the body and help the shape of the body to be normal with no side effects in the future.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My wife has a big tummy and her niece who is obese advised her to undergo the procedure called liposuction. It is done with general anesthesia. The fats in the belly are removed by a scope that works like a vacuum cleaner. After some time the niece underwent the procedure. But after a year she looked the same. Oh well, the removal is effective but the lifestyle should also be changed for the sexy body to remain.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I don't really have much idea about surgery that reduces fat of the body but sometimes I believe the surgery will be a complicated one since it has to deal with liposuction, skin extraction and other complicated medical procedure that we do not understand. it is advisable for you to ask the doctor because they will give you a clear information of this.