How important is communication in business?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Sometimes I do find it difficult to interact with some business men who can not speak the universal language which is English.
I don't know may be some of you had find it difficult like I do to. Sometimes when I get to the market to buy things I will firstly speak my dialect to the seller either by greating or stylishly may be by pricing but; I notice that some can not still speak the universal rather they only speak there own language which may cause confusion to the buyer or seller what next to do.
I believe before one could go in the business that's should also be considered so that it wouldn't be a inderance and bring a communication gap between buyers and sellers
What is your takes about this?

Miki1

Sometimes I do find it difficult to interact with some business men who can not speak the universal language which is English.
I don't know may be some of you had find it difficult like I do to. Sometimes when I get to the market to buy things I will firstly speak my dialect to the seller either by greating or stylishly may be by pricing but; I notice that some can not still speak the universal rather they only speak there own language which may cause confusion to the buyer or seller what next to do.
I believe before one could go in the business that's should also be considered so that it wouldn't be a inderance and bring a communication gap between buyers and sellers
What is your takes about this?
How can one do business without good communication. If it's the fact that you don't speak the universal language English, you have to find a more easier and efficient means of communicating with customers. I once find myself in a similar situation before. I got a job in a place where majority of the locals do not understand English. I too could not speak or understand their language by then. And most at times I'll be the only one at post. What I did was, I made friends with the next door business neighbor who was a native of that town. So he used to help interpret for me and vise versa.

Suba

Staff member
It seems that the problem with your communication in business is not the same language but a universal language, not everyone understands English let alone speak it. If you go to Korea or Japan, of course you will be confused without an interpreter. Even though you can use sign language or body language, misunderstandings will often occur.

Etini

Valued Contributor
Communication in business is as important as air in life. You have to constantly communicate with stakeholders to be able to succeed in business. If you don't communicate, you would be doing a lot of things based on assumptions and you might easily assume the wrong thing. You need to create a good communication line between you and your customers.

When you communicate with your customers, you get their feelings about your products and that gives you the knowledge on what to keep up and what to discard or improve upon. Also, efficient communication helps your customers and clients to feel like stakeholders in your business.

Another set of people you need to communicate effectively with is your staff. Most people don't communicate well with their staff. And this can make the staff to have a bad perception of the top hierarchy. This can adversely affect the efficiency of your business.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
Communication in business is as important as air in life. You have to constantly communicate with stakeholders to be able to succeed in business. If you don't communicate, you would be doing a lot of things based on assumptions and you might easily assume the wrong thing. You need to create a good communication line between you and your customers.

When you communicate with your customers, you get their feelings about your products and that gives you the knowledge on what to keep up and what to discard or improve upon. Also, efficient communication helps your customers and clients to feel like stakeholders in your business.

Another set of people you need to communicate effectively with is your staff. Most people don't communicate well with their staff. And this can make the staff to have a bad perception of the top hierarchy. This can adversely affect the efficiency of your business.
You do not need to talk a lot as talking or communication without graphics or illustrator for demonstrate your need has no effect. So demonstration by paper draw or sometimes a video or tutorial is required too.

Rubz

There's no business that can do well without effective and efficient communication. All business even as little as selling things in the market requires good communication. The buyer and the seller have to understand themselves for the business to take place. I'm a student nurse and i remember when i was posted to another community for practicals. I remember the first day i went to the community market and i could only get a few stuffs because most of the tradera in the market couldn't understand English and i couldn't speak their dialect, it was very bad. The next time i went to the market, i had to go with someone who could speak and understand that dialect in order to purchase all i wanted. So you see, when the buyer and seller can not understand themselves, business will not be possible.