How lucrative is firewood sales business

Ummigal

Firewood sales business is a lucrative and rewarding business that alot of people tend to ignore as they view it as a business that is not compatible with the 21st century and digital age. Many don't know that this business is very profitable. This is because Nigeria as a developing country have its larger population whi still consider and are dependent on firewood as the number one source of immediate energy. This is because it is way easier to use, cheaper and not as hazardous as gas cookers and electric stoves.
When going into the supply of firewoods, You would need a capital of about 200- 500 thousand Naira.
And by each month, you would be able to make profits of about 50 thousand Naira, especially when you supply to major markets and densely populated areas in the suburbs of cities. In firewood business, be rest assured of a steady profit as people must cook what they would eat and firewoods are the most readily available and cheapest way of energy to the population, majority of whom are in the lower middle class.
You could get your firewoods at very cheap prices from rural areas that have abundant trees. Then look hire trucks that would help you transport your woods to different states where the demand is high. Then you could sell at any market price you desire and still get alot of buyers especially if your wood is of good quality.

eojo2401

Firewood selling business is very profitable and lucrative in my area most especially if you have a pickup vehicle which you will be using to carry the logs of firewood from the nearby village to the city where the buyer are waiting to buy it. The bread Baker at times do pay in advance for the firewood sellers to bring it to there door steps.

Using Firewood to cook is no longer common since there's a better alternative which is the charcoal. But having said that, I know that firewood still sells. Not disputing that all.

But now you have consider the environment before talking about selling firewoods. You come to government reserved area to sell firewood. It won't sell. Most persons make do with Gas cooker... Or sometimes coal

Teatea

Firewood business is a good business idea but it depends solely on your location. If you live in a rural area, then you may consider going into the business, but if you don't, you may have to look for other business to engage in.
Times have changed now and most people don't use firewood, infact it has been really long since I saw someone use it. People now use gas cookers not even stoves or charcoal. However, you may consider targeting food sellers if you really want to do the business.

X

Xanthosis2

Yes is a small scale business that in our society the can do without it,so I will go for it when you want to cook you use it,firewood is a lucrative business that when you have no money to use gas cooker then you have to use it as alternative.

Ekuvero

Firewood selling business is a bit lucrative mostly in the southern rural areas where timber's are in excess in their rainforest the firewood business won't strive in some government residential areas due to policies put in place to crosscheck deforestation and environmental hazard. Nonetheless it would Strive in a location where bakeries are in excess and the demand for firewood is high

IamDozzy

I believe firewood business would be very profitable in rural areas especially in the villages. This is due to the prevalent nature of the villages. They usually have a lot of timber in these areas and most people usually use firewood to cook on these areas. Also, one could be a major supplier of firewood to events planners because they use these firewoods to cook food that a large number of persons would partake of in an event.

Daykas

It will be very lucrative in the rural areas of Nigeria but not withstanding cooking gas been well accepted in the rural area nowadays.
It will be kind of hard for firewood to bring in much profit in the Nigeria of today

D

Deleted member 27126

Firewood sales business is a lucrative and rewarding business that alot of people tend to ignore as they view it as a business that is not compatible with the 21st century and digital age. Many don't know that this business is very profitable. This is because Nigeria as a developing country have its larger population whi still consider and are dependent on firewood as the number one source of immediate energy. This is because it is way easier to use, cheaper and not as hazardous as gas cookers and electric stoves.
When going into the supply of firewoods, You would need a capital of about 200- 500 thousand Naira.
And by each month, you would be able to make profits of about 50 thousand Naira, especially when you supply to major markets and densely populated areas in the suburbs of cities. In firewood business, be rest assured of a steady profit as people must cook what they would eat and firewoods are the most readily available and cheapest way of energy to the population, majority of whom are in the lower middle class.
You could get your firewoods at very cheap prices from rural areas that have abundant trees. Then look hire trucks that would help you transport your woods to different states where the demand is high. Then you could sell at any market price you desire and still get alot of buyers especially if your wood is of good quality.
I kind of like how you have taken your time to analyse firewood selling business but you also have to realize that almost everyine now prefers to cook with gas cylinder. This is the number one factor that militate against this business. Also, another factor is the fact that the market is saturated in rural areas. It only moves a bit in urban areas only at a few canteen where it is being used as a source of fuel. Even then, some canteen operators prefer charcoal to using firewood as a source if fuel for cooking. Hence you have got to think well if you wanna go into this business.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was young most of our neighbors were using firewood for cooking. It was a good business during that time. But now I don't see anyone using firewood because there is law against producing smoke. But in cold places here I know they are selling firewood for the fire place to neutralize the cold weather. I guess they are earning good there with the pine wood.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Wood busines is very lucrative in this part of the world because we have the very best of woods in this part of the world, it is be very good to have such a business here because you will be close to your raw materials. It can fetch you alot of profit and it can empower alot of people.

Georgeadawara

In Nigeria today the selling of firewood is one of the profitable business. The business that bring more Income Even though many people have stop using firewood but it is still a great business in my location so many people are into the business and the business is moving smoothly and it helps many people life because that can be the only source of income to the family.

Veetos12

Firewood business in Nigeria has been a very great business which is doing well mostly during rainy season when firewoods are very scarce due to the wetness of the woods leading to low demand for the woods in the forest. The seller makes profits by properly keeping woods during the dry season for that rainy season.

There was a time when if you enter the bush you will fetch enough fire wood for the household or even in your own farm there will be enough to use at home. But these days getting firewood is so difficult even with your money, therefore going into firewood business will be a lucrative one as long as you keep providing it

V

Vinyking

I have seen several heaps after heaps of firewood disappear in major Lagos highways. The demand for firewood is actually high as most restaurant and food vendors as well as bakeries consider it a relatively cheaper cooking fuel. At first, I was sceptical about the venture, thinking it's in its dying phase as more people in the city make the switch to a cleaner and more convenient gas setup. The reality, however, is that as inflation rises the demand for cheaper cooking fuel sources remains the reason why firewood sells like water. Come to think of it if firewood still sells in western countries with relatively better economic and social-cultural developments, how much more in Nigeria with hyper inflation and infrastructural deficient economy