How many Nigerians view online online investment plartforms

D

Deleted member 62875

Most Nigerians now regard online investment in Nigeria as taboo,when I say Nigerians, I am also included but my perspective have now changed, we have developed phobias and experience despair anytime they read about Nigerian investment platforms.
This apprehension may stem from a poor experience we had previously, such as the struggles and tragedies we had while looking for a strategy to invest and earn money on a daily basis in Nigeria.
This could be because we fell into the wrong hands, such as Ponzi Schemes, which always promised them a lucrative financial return.
When it comes to online investing platforms in Nigeria, some people instantly evoke memories of the Ponzi Scheme “MMM.”
They’d always be reminded of what they or their friends had lost in fraudulent operations.
Many people appear to believe that Nigeria no longer has any legitimate investing platforms. However, they are unable to see that online scams (for example, MMM) are not the same as the online investment platforms we are discussing in this article.
Ponzi schemes, such as MMM, cannot be considered online investment platforms since their modi operandi are not always honest and trustworthy.Trus me on these, fake things won't come into play without legit one not being in existence.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Well no matter how it may be , online investment is completely a scam and can never be trusted in any way and most of these investment are not owned by Nigerians but are some sort of international investment that promise people a reasonable amount of profit when they invest a certain amount of money .

I fall for this tricks in the past and up till now I can't remember how I was able to earn a profitable amount with this sort of investment and most of the time I will only able to recover my money and sometimes I will lose.

If truly an online investment was legit for people to engage , a lot of people could have considered it to be among one of the best investment opportunities but they are not link with the bank or any financial institution of a country therefore the possibility of scam is very high because government do not know them and their physical location is not available.

I can't really invest in any sort of online investment anymore based on my experience in the past because it carries a lot of risks and I don't really have money to lose in such.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
The truth is that if someone have a bad experience about a particular thing there will always be a phobia even when there is another opportunity. when you lose your life savings in a particular business or investment scheme you would probably be afraid to invest in anything that relates to that and that is one of the reasons a lot of people are afraid to invest in anything online again. Ponzi schemes has really dealt with people in the past all over the world and that is probably the reason why many people are afraid to invest in anything online. the truth is that there are a lot of things that have changed over the years because there are several investment opportunities that people can venture into and probably make a lot of money and one of it is cryptocurrency but it is very risky. When you know what you are doing you would probably make a lot of money from cryptocurrency. I have met a lot of people who are afraid to invest in cryptocurrency because of the past bad experience they had with so many ponzi schemes. it has made them to develop phobia for anything that involves them to use their money to invest and of course it is not really their fault.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
In most west African countries like Nigeria a lot of people have developed the mindset that offline businesses are risky and hard . Their reasons for this mindset is caused due to the fact that most of Nigerian youths have been scammed as a result of investing their hard earned money time , energy , and knowledge in a particular website or platform whom they had trusted so much to earn money but have been failed . And so when they see another opportunity they are quickly to remember the previous bad experience they had working on a previous money making website .

On the other hand , a lot of youth and individual in Nigeria are still burning night candles surfing the internet to get the best trending and legit information about making money online . we need to understand that when it comes to making money online in most cases we have to risk what we value , and some of these valuables include our money , time , energy , and knowledge . Personally I believe that being scammed is part of the online money making experience , and helps want to be equipped not to fall into the same snare or danger again .

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Online investment platforms were highly welcomed here in Nigeria, in fact so many millions of Nigerians embraced it with their arms wide open, not until they began to see the negative sides of what this whole online investment things could be. Nigerians actually thought they have seen easy way out when we first had the first biggest online investment system in the Africa and I could even say in the world. Everyone embraced it then and there rewards plans were really awesome many people got liberated from poverty almost instantly, know one was thinking about all the lapses of the government at that time as everyone was busy making money on MMM, we all thought it will really last a very long time. But ponzi been what it is there will always be loops and the majority will still the one that suffers more. After that event Nigerians became very wise and they later realise that most online investment are pure scams and even that time out some many people tried to come up with a similar platforms which also ended up scamming people. So many are yet to recover the money that lost to MMM. And Nigerians now look very carefully before they take a lip on anything that has to do with online investment platforms.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Online investment are scams especially in Nigeria, you guys have to be very careful and think for yourselves, our problem is that we can't think independently and we just follow the crowd because somebody told us it's legit we just agreed and just go with the flow and later when we get burnt we find it very hard to blame ourselves but instead we will shift the blame the others as if they took the money out of our bank and put it in the investment account.

When someone tells you about something whoever he is and however you think you trust them, make your own research and do it thoroughly before you just jump in, and also learn to blame yourself not others when things go wrong.

How can one be so naive and agree that he will get 40% of his capital every month how does that sounds to you, is it sustainable, what are they doing with the money that will guarantee forty percent every single month.

From here you'll have a clear mind of what to do, but due to greed some still go ahead and put their money and as usual they will fall victims