How Much do you Need to be Contented Financially

Carpon

Valued Contributor
A lot of people have told me that all they need to be happy and Financially contented is a car, a house and a steady income source. Others will say a billion dollars, and others more or less than that.

I will like to hear your own views about Financial contentment and that acts like a goal you have set for yourself in your journey of money making: you will work and make money until you are able to attain such financial status.

I have decided not to limit my scope by setting such limits and I think personally, I don't have a particular limit I have set in my money making expedition. Though I think it helps you work harder because you have set a bar and therefore you need to run and jump high ( work hard and make more money) in order to attain the heights you have placed.

Meanwhile what are your views on financial contentment and do you think setting a goal probably yearly helps you make money better. Pls share your experiences

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I have come to realise that money is never enough because the truth is that the more money you have the higher your taste for things because a person that was one living in a one-room apartment will want to live in a two bedroom flat if there is a raise in the pay.

So this might not be about the person being greedy it is just about the person trying to raise the standard of living nobody will work hard and make good money and want to leave like a church rat. you will always want to uplift yourself financially and otherwise.

Yes I know there are some people that can be very greedy by grabbing too much for themselves those ones are extreme people but on the average every human wants to live a better life this is where contentment comes in there should be a line between living a comfortable life and overtly being greedy.

Heartstrings

Well,I don't think there is a particular amount of money one needs to be contended financially,money is never enough,the more you live ,the more you spend, likewise the more you want more money,let's take the rich men for example,or the politicians. Despite having millions of money, investments, houses, cars and so on,they still needs and wants more,not even considering the poor citizens.
Truly I have come across some people who lists things that can make them contended financially and to me that's just them not telling themselves the truth, because as far as money is concerned,you will always wants to make more. But personally,I will be contented with whatever I have and would want to try and put More effort on my source of income,but if there is no much results,then I had be contended and plan on whatever I have or rather I will spend with caution.

So to me,no amount of money that that make one contended as the saying goes,money is the Ruth of all evil. Lol no one should crucify me though.

Mastergp

Verified member
Well on my opinion I would say that human want and needs are hard to be satisfied, especially when money being involve in these, human wish that they own lot of money, because each the problems keep increasing no wonder those that are richer do bring in seek for more money because they which to have more money than ever.

Making of money is not easy because as humans needs keep on increasing so as the value of money and they among of money a person have can reduce because of how he use it or spend it, that is why many keep on making money so as not to fall victim to bankruptcy or poverty that is why they keep working hard.

So as I said earlier human can't be contented as money is concern the think if they stop making money the might lose everything eventually, so the keep making money. Well for some it is a manner of greed they think that all the money should be given to them that is why the keep working harder than ever to make money

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Well , the reality is that sometimes we may not have in mind the amount of money we will need for us to be retired and have a comfortable life or be stable financially . sometimes we may even achieve our financial targets but the eagerness and the needs to still make more money will still be there which indicates that so many people won't be satisfied with their financial targets after they have achieved them ..

Personally , I may not really needs to be wealthy but I just need a situation that I am financially stable to afford all the things I will need to make my life more comfortable and to build the type of house I am interested..

If I can be able to achieve those things within my period of existence then that will definitely be one of my happiness. It is never easy , everything needs times and dedication.

Last edited:

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I don't have a particular amount of money I need to be contented financially. The truth is that I want to make a lot of money and at the same time I want to have several businesses that will be generating a steady income.

If I'll be able to start so many businesses that will be generating me steady income passively both online and offline then I do not need to worry financially again. it is true that you generally find it very difficult to be contended with the amount of money you have because when you start making money you will understand that you will need more money.

That is the reason why you see a lot of billionaires around the world still running businesses in order to make themselves richer and wealthier. This is actually a testament that it will be very difficult for you to be contended with the level of money you have.

King bell

VIP Contributor
I believe that the amount of money needed to be contented financially depends on the individual and their lifestyle. For some people, a modest income may be enough to cover their basic needs and leave them content, while for others even a high income may not be enough to make them content. I think it’s important to assess your needs and set a budget that makes you feel comfortable and secure. If you’re able to save money and put aside some for retirement, that can give you a greater sense of contentment. Ultimately, financial contentment comes from feeling secure and having enough money to meet your needs and goals.

Finally, it’s important to remember that money isn’t everything. Even if you have a lot of money, it won’t make you happy unless you have meaningful relationships and a healthy lifestyle. So, strive to achieve financial security but don’t let it become an obsession.