How much money is a decent job salary.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
Only a few minority of the job-seeking class of individuals usually contemplates whether a particular job opportunity will be good for them or not, as they usually try to speculate the goodness and efficiency of a particular job opportunity from how much salary they stand to get paid if they take the job opportunity. When trying to do so, they usually ask themselves how much money is considered a decent salary amount? In my own perspective and view any individual can know a good and sufficient salary amount once he or she heads one, and there is absolutely no doubting the fact that's the amount of salary that could be decent in your own perspective may somehow be indecent in another person perspective and view, as a result of the other person having more financial priorities and financial responsibility much more superior and many in number compared to yours. To be more clear and elaborate, do you maybe a single individual and possibly when you come across a particular job opportunity that pays you $300 in a month that could be a very interesting salary amount and also an inviting job opportunity in which you would not think twice but rather seek to achieve, on the other hand another individual who possibly could be a family head having 4 wives and 17 children's, may not consider the salary amount of $300 as decent since he or she has more financial responsibilities and priorities to play as a family head.

Once a particular salary amount is conducive and sufficient to satisfy your needs and wants, and also give room for you to carry out other financial responsibilities such as the saving and investing of money, then such salary amount is conducive and decent.

Etini

Valued Contributor
There is no actual amount but your salary should be able to pay your bills and give you savings for self-growth. If your salary can't satisfy these two criteria, then you are just wasting your time. I think someone should find a business and startup than waste time working for a low salary.

I have seen people who can't even pay their basic bills with their salaries. The salary is not enough to pay their bills. Of what use is that kind of job? It is even better to be unemployed than to take up jobs that can pay you enough to meet your basic needs.

So for me, if you work in a place where the amount offered can pay your bills and something remains for you to save, it is worthwhile. If not so, you should quit that job. Find a business with a low capital and start and at least know you are building something for yourself.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
@Etini things differs for married people than single one, because married people means the expenses are increasing every month or every years starting from new born child until the boy or girl joins university until to unemployment after studies means what is expected that is siffusant nowadays will not serve you after 3 or 4 years.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Every job seeker or job applicants definitely want a decent job but one thing we need to understand is that a decent job can not only be identified with the amount of salary it pays to the employee but instead it can also be identified in the amount of capacity and ability it allows the employee to share his or her opinion and ideas and also have the capacity and the ability for the employee to grow intellectually. There is absolutely no written amount of money in which a decent job should have but the one thing I know is that once a job pays you in such a way that you have no complaints but instead you have full commitment that the money definitely suits the work you have performed so far, then such job is considered decent to some extent.

The decency of a job can also be identified when the business environment of such job is totally productive and conducive for employees to perform their roles comfortably.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Every job seeker or job applicants definitely want a decent job but one thing we need to understand is that a decent job can not only be identified with the amount of salary it pays to the employee but instead it can also be identified in the amount of capacity and ability it allows the employee to share his or her opinion and ideas and also have the capacity and the ability for the employee to grow intellectually. There is absolutely no written amount of money in which a decent job should have but the one thing I know is that once a job pays you in such a way that you have no complaints but instead you have full commitment that the money definitely suits the work you have performed so far, then such job is considered decent to some extent.

The decency of a job can also be identified when the business environment of such job is totally productive and conducive for employees to perform their roles comfortably.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Well, this is actually tricky, a decent job salary is actually dependent on many factors that can vary based on

1) Cost of living
2) Your own finances
3) Where you live

But to make a general assumption, It is difficult but also worth noting that the amount of money an individual needs to live comfortably can also vary depending on their lifestyle and personal preferences.

Some people may be able to live comfortably on a lower salary if they are able to live frugally and save money in other areas, while others may need a higher salary to support a more expensive lifestyle. what constitutes a decent salary is a highly personal decision that will depend on an individual's specific circumstances and financial goals.

With the invention of remote working currently, you can work from home and save a lot of money and save time also and maybe learn some skills to step up.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
All I can say is that it depends on so many things , mostly it depends on the location you are and also the continent. In a country like UK in which there is a high standard of living you shouldn't be expecting your salary to be less than 3,000 UK pounds every month because there is high standard of living over there to leave a comfortable life.

But here in Africa I believe that the standard of living is quite lower more than that in the UK and as such you may not really need much.
In the past a family can live comfortably even with $300 but now I guess this is not possible because of the high rate of inflation and as a result you will need over $600 to live a comfortable life every month and to have some savings which is also very important for every single person.