How much should you possess to be considered rich in your country?

marcusfe

The cost of living and economic stability of each country differ so we cannot rate from different countries equally. The richest man in a particular country might be just an average person in another country. Take fro example, if you can boast of #10million in Nigeria you are a rich people but this amount is just a little above $10,000 which doesn't make you a rich man in the US. I have provided the summary of the expected amount to earn in order to be considered rich in some countries. If your country is not there kindly share how much that one needs to earn to be considered rich in your country.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Money is relative to time. There is no specific amount to be held before you can be considered rich in my country. I do listen attentively when my dad always tell me that the richest during his young age has less than 1000 dollar. But that's not the case now. I think the purchasing power of what I have will determine how rich I am. And the purchasing power fluctuate greatly in my country everyday.

eojo2401

To consider yourself rich in my country, at least your financial standing must worth over one hundred millions naira. With that you are in the category of the rich men because you will be able to provide shelter for your household. Feeding will not be difficult for you and your family members. Then paying the children school fees and other needs will not be an issue for you.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Well talking about the amount of money that can make one look rich in my country will depend largely on your family size and your lifestyle, all this are the factors that determines if one will be rich with whatever amount you decide to keep, but generally speaking one could consider anything around $500 billion dollars.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This is a nice discussion because being rich would depend on the level of society that you are in. In my case I consider myself in the lower-middle class so I look rich to the people in my circle because we have a house of our own, 2 cars, no debts and we can afford air conditioning every day. Maybe having $50,000 in cash aside from other assets will be my definition or rich.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
They was particularly no specific amount of money that you as an individual must possess before you could be considered being rich and wealthy by members of the public or by others around you . that is why majority of individuals that are considered to be rich and wealthy have different net worth . even the top 10 richest men and women in the world today have different net worth and it is not that they are not considered being wealthy , off course there are wealthy and rich but the only difference is in their net worth . The ability to be considered rich and wealthy simply depends whether the individual is anxious of being able to fend for his material and physical need because I'm individual that is anxious of whether he or she will be able to fend for his material and physical need is considered to be broke and poor .

But when an individual does not feel any form of anxiousness to be able to provide for himself and that of his family members that individual is possibly considered to be rich despite the amount of money that he or she has . The amount of money an individual have to be considered rich is just a figure , but the anxiousness to spend this money is definitely what we are talking about here .

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
The concept of "rich" is certainly relative, but according to widely-cited recent research analyzing national data to quantify wealth brackets, the top 10% wealthiest U.S. households now hold average net assets exceeding $2.4 million. Given rising costs and inequality, that threshold conveys financial security and comfortable standard of living beyond just covering bare necessities - factors that may denote affluence or "rich" status to average citizens, if not the mega-wealthy top 1% billionaire class dominating at the very apex of capital accumulation in the States.