How Often Do You Use Debit Cards?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Debit cards are one of the most commonly used payment methods. Debit cards were issued by the banks and people have been using debit cards for a really long period of time. If I ever get a chance to choose between credit cards and debit cards, then I would definitely choose debit cards because I hate paying interest to the bank. Debit cards are not accepted in my country everywhere, unfortunately. They are mostly accepted at big shops, malls, supermarkets, and big restaurants. There are not many people who use debit cards in my country and it is only used by sophisticated people only. So, what about you? Do you use debit cards? For how long have you been using debit cards? Do you like using Debit cards?

D

Deleted member 28127

Sometimes it is the nature of merchant that imposes only paying with a debit card, not by the payment processor means you find yourself to use a debit card is merchant not providing other option no more than that.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I have been using Debit card for a very long time now because it really make things more easier for me to do especially when it comes for transactions .
I used Debit card whenever i wanted to transact across the glob.
Almost every week I made use of my Debit Card .

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I have no account and not any debit cards or not any cheque book... Lol!

I also do not use a bank account and I do not plan to use any bank account in the future. This is because I have seen many people's debit cards not working and they have to carry cash along with them. What's the purpose of carrying a debit card when you need to carry cash at the same time?

Caramelle

I have several debit cards because banks in my country have decided to convert regular ATM or savings account to debit cards to allow their account holders to use them for cashless purchases in more establishments. These cards fall under either prepaid VISA or Mastercard types. Some debit cards maintained the features of a regular savings account and pay interest based on a minimum maintaining balance, but some debit cards function like a cash card with no maintaining balance.

Debit cards are fine if you are receiving money regularly from a source like salaries from a company. Otherwise, you have to go to the bank to fund it or use an e-wallet to transfer cash to a debit card, and this usually incurs charges. Since I am mostly receiving cash from PayPal through a local e-wallet, I hardly use Debit Cards to make purchases. I withdraw cash from the e-wallet and allocate the funds based on my budget, with a portion of the money being deposited to the debit card with interest features. This e-wallet has been more useful to me than debit cards that have turned into regular cash cards with no benefits. The e-wallet also comes with an ATM card that can be used to withdraw money directly from machines and also functions as a virtual VISA credit card.​

E

eldavis

Debit card is pretty common here in my country. When you open an account, You are given a debit card, infact it is usually one of the things you request for. Then the use of debit cards are pretty common in the country. We make use of it for shopping both in big and small stores, in for making use of the POS and ATM machines, it is still a debit card we use for both.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The use of debit card is getting popular here because it is convenient. Usually the transaction takes time when you pay in cash because the cashier would still have to count the change especially when there are coins involved. With the debit card you just swipe it and everything is taken care of. What's next is that you receive the receipt. But for me, I would rather pay in cash when the transaction is small like less than $20 (that's 1,000 pesos here). But for big transactions what I use is the credit card. For convenience, the credit card is my way of paying when we buy an appliance or when the transaction is pretty big like shopping for groceries for our monthly supplies.