How To Become A Trustworthy Employee In A Company?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Becoming a great employee is something many people would want to become because being great employee is what an employer wants you to become. This is good for an employee only. In fact, being a great employee is not an easy job. In order to become a great employee, you must become a trustworthy employee first because being trustworthy is the first step to become a good employee. You can never become an excellent worker or perform well until or unless your boss trust you. Unfortunately, it is not easy to trust someone and I can understand that. This is due to various issues.

Some employers might trust their employees, but it takes a really long time to become a trustworthy person in the eyes of people, especially if you are someone who is new in the company. I do not think that working diligently and focusing on your job alone would make your boss trust you because there are already many people who are doing that. One of the best ways to gain the trust of your boss is to never lie or cheat him. You must work honestly. So how do you gain the trust of your boss?

Ganibade

Verified member
Somebody can become trustworthy employee in the company. When an employee perform his duty very perfect and work hand in hand with his or her supervisor on duty. Punctuality is the role of employee on duty to resume a work on time appropriately. Employee must not plans with other staff to embezzle companies money or to steal the company properties. Employee must be a responsible in his duty assigned by the supervisors on duty. Employee must not fight with his supervisor on duty or any staff, working together in his shift. The employee can become a trustworthy when complete his duty as assign to him without any problem or complain. This is the ways employee can become a trusted in his working place.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
This is something we should all aspire to be all aspects of our lives and endeavours. For you to create a stable connection between you and other people in your offices, social gatherings ,your environments and even to your immediate family members it is of great importance that your are person of high socially acceptable values and norms. The world is in need of more individuals who can stand for what is right and wouldn't be moved to compromise no matter the circumstances. I have had encountered with different kinds of people from different cultures but one of the most prevailing traits that encourages further relationship is the attribute of trustworthiness.

Evidently every employer seeks to acquire the services of individuals who they can confidently leave the affairs of running their businesses and companies in their hand without any fear or hesitations. Even in political offices the need for more political leaders of high moral values cannot be overemphasized because the responsibility of running a state placed in the hands of people who are not trust worthy and doesn't carry the interest of the state at heart would not only lead to the depreciation of the state but would also limit considerable development.

E

eldavis

To be a truth worthy staff in a company or organization, you need to prove that you are infact trust worthy first. To do this, you need to be hard working, self disciplined in your principles, manner of speech and approach to customers and most importantly honest.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I agree that it takes a long time for an employee to earn the full trust of the boss or of the owner of the business. There was a movie that I saw yesterday where the boss caught the woman employee in copying the statements and other documents of the company. The boss was devastated when he said that he had trusted the woman for 5 years and yet the copying issue is a fact. That was just a movie but in real life I think 5 years is enough for proof but sometimes it takes a longer time for me to consider a person as really trustworthy.

We are lucky to have trustworthy housemaids at home although there were those who we caught stealing and lying. That is why we take good care of a good employee who is trustworthy. The salary we give is way much higher than the standard. And that's all because of the trust that she had earned from us.

Kendy

Verified member
The best way to become a trust worthy employee in an organisation is to be true to yourself and inculcate the attribute of self-discipline. When once you possess a nonchalant attitude to work, there is every tendency that if anything goes amiss, you will always remain the first suspect. Gaining trust from your employer and other colleagues at work demands that you work in the confines of your job description except if assigned other roles. You must be be a saboteur or engage in eye service activities so that you might be noticed. Engaging in job description or hijacking a job role from another employee will definitely pass a message of insubordination and this is a bad working attribute. It is best that you try to carry out your duties effectively and try to measure up with the target.

You should ensure to always keep your company's secret and not divulge information to third parties or acquaintances because you cannot be assured that the company's secret won't leak although it might be directly through you, but due to inability to be loyal, the secret will be revealed. You should be able to prove at any given opportunity that you have the organization's interest at heart and not just because of the incentives.