How to Build Investment Funds

Mika

VIP Contributor
Investment is very necessary to improve your financial security. Those who earn more money than they need to pay their bills might be able to invest in their desired asset. However, people are struggling with finances because they don’t earn enough, how can they invest?

There is a way when there is a will is an age-old proverb and it holds true even today. If you actually want to invest, there is a way to do it even if your income is small.

Work extra hours. If you are working 8 hours a day and making $80 per day, you can work two more hours and earn $20 more. You can use this additional income to make an investment.

If you have a full-time job, you can utilize your evening and weekends by working on a side hustle.

Cut your expenses and save money, use your saving to invest. For example, if you are paying $300 on rent, move to a smaller house and save money on rent.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Your points are well stated and aren't that hard for anyone who isn't financial buoyant to undertake when means to get money is surplus. Not everyone makes reasonable money daily to make ends meet talk more of investment but the hard working ones earns up to that. I know my earnings aren't much, but I still manage to squeeze out funds and doing my investment online gradually, hoping it becomes something meaningful for me in the future. Investment doesn't mean starting with 10,000$, we can begin with the smallest amount just as the OP said, and grow gradually until we are settled with reasonable amount of returns, then we can expand. Most of the great business owners or investors we see today, started from someone, they didn't get all their billions within short period of time. Even if our investment is trekking, we shouldn't give up, we should keep it going until we achieve our dream.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
You can build investment funds in multiple ways, one, by selling your assets (a lot of people sell of their assets so that they have funds for investment), two by acquiring funds from your friends and family or inheriting from parents, three, by saving money, and four by borrowing money. Borrowing money for investment can be little risky of you are just starting out. That's because if your calculation goes wrong, you will end up paying more money as interest on your borrowed funds compared to the money you receive as profits form your investment. When you are borrowing money, you will also have to start repayment loan immediately, however, you might not receive return on your investment for at least 4 months. The best option for investment fund is obviously your savings. However, not many people have huge savings for investment. If you are one of them, start small.