Shares/Stock How to Build Your Investment Portfolio

Mika

VIP Contributor
I started investing when I was still in college. I saved money received as allowances and use the savings to invest in IPOs. Over the years of stock investing, I've built a portfolio I'm proud of (it may not be size of institutional investors or big investors, but it's mine!). Later, I started diversifying by investing in other assets like bonds, crypto etc. I've diversified my holdings, and most of my assets are generating steady returns. I'm in for the long haul, aiming to hold for at least five more years. Slow and steady wins the investment race, remember the race of hare and tortoise you read as a child?

Ganibade

Verified member
Your strategy of gradual and steady growth, as an experienced self-starter with a well-established financial portfolio, is in line with the lessons learned from Aesop's tale "The Tortoise and the Hare."

Considering your circumstances, consider these important lessons:
It's important to be patient: Keep an eye on the long term and aim to hang onto your investments for a minimum of five more years.

Diversify sensibly: Keeping your risk profile in mind, venture beyond equities into other asset classes like bonds and cryptocurrency.
Think about the tax ramifications: Recognize that the tax treatment of various investment kinds varies; if in doubt, speak with a financial counselor.

Observe frequently: Keep an eye on the performance of your portfolio and make necessary adjustments without acting on impulse.
Always be learning: Keep up with changes in the market, economic data, and new prospects.