Shares/Stock How to check for indications that a stock would fail

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This is about our first experience in buying stocks of a company called Piltel which is the distributor of pagers. When I bought a pager that I used for my retailing business the company had forced us a bundled sale of the pager with their stocks worth 6,000 pesos ($120) that was big money for us during that year of 1994. It was unfortunate that I was in a hurry to have the pager that I did not give myself the benefit of research. That was the time when the cellphone was born.

After a year we bought a Motorola cellphone to alternate with the pager. Unfortunately for our investment in stocks, the market price of Piltel was dropping fast that in less than a year the value of our stocks was only 300 pesos. It was a disaster of investment but a big lesson for us.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Making research before going into business is a very important thing to do. My elder brother owns a magazine that analysis stocks. The magazine covers stocks in Nigeria and Ghana. Reading the magazine, you will be equipped with the trends in stocks . Time to buy and time to sell, which company’s stocks is performing well at a particular period of time. One can actually invest in stocks that will yield profit when you read such magazine

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
It is very important to be calculative while want to take any risk should in case one run at loss . This is very important because if care is not taken at time the business might even windup completely.Experience is a best teacher people use to say and it is very good to have it more especially when it's come to business.

Setho

VIP Contributor
One way that I have discovered to have worked for me is that anytime you want to invest in the stock of any company we should look at these three things. The first is whether the company is solving any real-world situation and they are likely to have to repeat buyers. The second is whether the company has a good model and they can continue to replicate over a big period of time.

Setho

VIP Contributor
One way that I have discovered to have worked for me is that anytime you want to invest in the stock of any company we should look at these three things. The first is whether the company is solving any real-world situation and they are likely to have to repeat buyers. The second is whether the company has a good model and they can continue to replicate over a big period of time.