How to create blog yourself without learning programming.

Finger Geek

Verified member
This generation we are now, I can say that it is the generation for the lazy. I don't really mean been lazy but to do any thing. But lazy as not necessarily need to learn for months or years to learn a profession in others to be a professional skilled worker. Things have been done easily with having much idea on a skill. This new generation is a world of do it yourself.

To design a blog, we don't need to learn website design or have little idea in html. Every skill needed to build a blog or website have been broken down and programmed to a way that someone that has no idea in website design will know what to do when creating a blog.

There are two free blogging platform to create a blog, which are WordPress and blogspot. Blogspot is owned by Google and it is totally free to use, Likewise WordPress. But wordpress has the many functions than blogspot. WordPress is used by almost all website that we see around. And it is widely used because of its ability to be used to create any form of website like blog, forum, e-commerce and many more.

To design a website using WordPress system. We will need to register a domain name with any domain name providers like godaddy and buy a package with hosting company. After that has been done. Most hosting companies has an auto install wordpess system which will help you to install WordPress to your website. When installing WordPress, it will only require you to fill your website details like the name of your website, your username and password and more like that. After filling the form, the next thing to do is to click and install and it is done. Congratulations, you just designed a website your self without having any coding knowledge

Mika

VIP Contributor
Not just a blog, you can create any kind of website without any knowledge of programming. Here are some of the programs that let you create various kinds of websites.
Blogs: You can create a blog on wordpress without zero knowledge of programming. Even if you have never used wordpress, you can easily build a wordpress blog by watching 5 minutes tutorial on how to build wordpress website on youtube. IN order to launch wordpress site, you need domain and hosting. If you think managing hosting account is too technical for you, you can use website builders like wix, weebly, etc. to create blogs. These website builders are so easy that you can build your blog through drag and drop tools.
Forums: If you want to build forums, you don't need programming, you can use forum plugins on wordpress and easily build a forum. If you want to explore proper forum software, you can either try a paid forum software like vBulletin or Xenforo, or free forum software like SMF, Mybb etc.
Ecommerce site: You don't need programming skills even to build ecommerce site, you can use premium software like Shopify. If you find shopify expensive, you can try free software Big Commerce, or even wordpress.

Shaf

Verified member
I tried to do this and it's very simple. Most features especially in WordPress have been optimized to be used by absolute beginners with no knowledge of programming. All you need to do is choose the features you want, drag and drop and it's set.
Some are paid features though and I must admit that for someone starting on a low budget, it's very tempting to try and skimp on the budget.

I learnt the hard way that doing this just doesn't work. I'm the long run, you will need at least a few days features on your site especially if you intend to monetize it. Purchasing them initially will save you a lot of time and frustrations later on.