How to earn money as charity collector

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
This type of idea of earning money seems to be misunderstood in this part of the world, because if one should try to make income with this, you will surely be seen as a regular street beggar, but nowadays, I see people trying to make a living out of this online, most especially on social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook and the likes, well I am not trying to be mean to them because they are the ones that knows the kind of problem they are encountering to the extent that they had to go online to do such thing for money. You will see some of them writing some article about their sick mother just to see pity from people in order to extort money from them and it sometimes seems awkward to me.
I mean normally, opportunities like this should be left for the less privilege that really needs it but these days, they are using it as a means to defraud people because obviously they are okay, and nothing is actually wrong with their mothers, Even now, one can’t differentiate between the the real ones and the fake because it is hard to believe that someone truly needs financial help. But there are some online platform where you can make some quick cash with that but they are foreign sites though, you just have to make your research.

Immilash

That's true. I have never came across such people but I believe they exist. Those people use that way to gain their income, but if I may ask if you came across such kinds of people are you going to give them or not.

Jamoflondon

Verified member
This is a good idea though, but what I noticed about it is just that people have taken it as an opportunity to make money for themselves even they do not really have a reason to, and if you ask them, they will think that it is just them being smart but I call it selfishness because by the time the real people that needs help ask for it, the helpers will think that they are the same as the fake ones which is actually not a good act. But I think that there are some online platforms set up for this though, I am not just sure if Nigerians are allowed there.