How to earn the "best worker of the year" award

Jasz

VIP Contributor
A prestigious title is the "best worker of the year," It's not easy to earn, but once you do, it's yours to keep for life. To earn this award, you have to be the best worker in your department or company. The best workers in your company are usually those who set the example for others to follow. They are the ones who go above and beyond their job description and take initiative on projects that other people wouldn't even think about doing.

You can also earn this award once you've been working for a certain period of time (usually five years). This means that you've been in the same job for at least four years before you start getting recognized as an exceptional employee by management or your coworkers. You have to be able to do your job well, but that's not enough. You also need to be a good teammate, and a good person in general.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
It is always a good thing to strive to be outstanding in the workplace. It comes with a whole lot of benefits which gaining award is one of it. And if this award comes with monetary gifts then it will be a good compensation but I think people prefer the award to come with a promotion
There's a big difference between working hard and doing eye service. I prefer the latter because even the universe will bless you via this route I think people need to know this.
Getting the award of the best staff in a company comes with one doing some duties

As you earlier stated you would need to be punctual to work, develop the spirit of teamwork., assist others to do their jobs better, foster cooperation at the work place and generally, be good. This is the only way you can achieve this prestigious position you want in the workplace.

arunima25

Verified member
Any award or recognition at workplace is encouraging. Best worker of the year would be such recognition and once you get that, it will come with its share of other benefits like a monetary compensation or maybe a higher chances of getting a promotion or hike. Also, it adds up to your resume for any future reference.
But then it would not be so easy to get it. I am sure that there would be good competition and each one would eye it for the benefits that it comes with. So, working hard is definitely important and I would never underplay the luck factor. But then only these two factors might not be sufficient. Working smart towards the goal is equally important. And when I talk about working smart, it in kudes time management, self care to avoid the stress of hard work and pressure and definitely walking an extra mile than other competitors. One needs to showcase abd market their work to get the attention of the higher authorities. If we are not good at that, our efforts might go unnoticed. But then the marketing and showcasing should be done within professional limits and in a professional way. It should not be overdone or seem like some sort of attempt to please higher authorities. Such things can be looked at as boot licking and might be counterproductive.