How to easily start a laundry business.

Etini

Valued Contributor
Are you unemployed? Are you looking for a business that you can start with very low capital? The laundry business is a business that at the basic level, you can start with very low capital. I have seen so many people that have started this way and have grown to mega laundry companies. All you need to start this business is an electric pressing iron, a table for ironing, buckets for washing, and a few chemicals for removing stains. To get all this, $25 cab suffice.

All you need to do after getting these things is to start marketing yourself among your social circles. Your church, your friends, and your family members should be your target market at this level. If they patronize you and you start working and delivering for them, other potential clients are seeing, and with time, they would patronize you. As I said before, I have seen a lot of people that started this business like this and they are big now.

Shaf

Verified member
Dry cleaning business is an excellent one and lucrative too. I would say the secret sauce for those who succeed through it is that they are very passionate about it. They don't just do it for the money. Most have it as a hobby, as it gives them time to relax while working.

One thing you should consider is the location. Most of the successful drycleaners I know of are located in densely populated areas or the business district of a town. You want to target people who don't have time to do their laundry. These people value their time so much they would pay just to be free.

It is also important that you know a thing or two about fabrics. If someone gives you a very expensive material to clean and you use the wrong techniques to damage it, it can spoil your reputation. You can easily learn about fabrics online in a short while to know what you're dealing with.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Laundry service is indeed a very cool and easy to start business. It as well does not demand very huge capital for start up.
It can be operate at various levels.

I know of people who own their laundries and do all the work and delivery while others employ workers who carry out all the shop activities and make remittance from which they will get paid.

You have already listed the most basic things needed for starting a laundry business. Having a shop for your business will be good but if your capital cannot afford that it's still alright. There is a laundry service around my area that has existed for quite a long time without any shop. It was just a small verandah like that and a table that they use for ironing. They have ropes for drying washed clothes and they are making money from the business.

All that is needed is that you get known and your service attracts patronage.

E

eldavis

True, i know of someone who started his laundry business with his hands. He was collecting cloths of different persons, washing it for a specific fee. Though it was pretty stressful due to the fact that it was manual and he had no one to assist him but as time went on, he rented a small shop, then hired an extra hand. Now he is well known within that area, and he is thinking of buying a washing machine to make things a lot faster and easier.