Finance How to fund your business using GoFundMe platform

Augusta

VIP Contributor
You can fund your business online by getting people to donate to you. One avenue is using gofundme. It is the world’s largest crowdfunding website. So if you want to try it out, you start by doing the following

• Go to GoFundMe website and signup. You would need an email, your name, address, and password
  • Then you can create a fundraiser
  • In the next place, input your information on your campaign. Your purpose etc
  • Then choose the amount you need for your business
  • To make your soliciting more personal, you should add an image
  • Then write a compelling story about your need for your business and how you intend to execute the money raise
  • You are done, and then you can share the links to people to start investing in your business
What do you think?

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Have you used GoFundMe? If not than you are just sharing what you can find online. I have not only created GoFundMe campaigns for other people but also for myself. GoFundMe is basically for crowdfunding your personal needs. For instance, you need money to pay medical bills, you can create a campaign.

Good luck

Verified member
I have heard about Go Fund Me but I don't know how it works and what to do to get it.Is it really possible for people to fund your business while you pay up later?Or will it be a form of charity?The people that will raise capital for your business must be people that you probably might have come in contact with I guess.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
As far as I know, the "GoFundMe" website is usually used for donations and for people who are raising money for charity programs or for people who actually need funds to get hospital bills covered, and for some other different reasons. I am not sure if it could be used to fund your business.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I think this gofundme platform is a very good one for people that are into business, mostly for new entrepreneurs struggling with fund and business entity reaching the peak of bankruptcy. To me, I think this are the two most important parties that should be in need of it without any doubt. Again, this might serve as an Avenue for online scammers to carry out their dubious act. I believe with this kind of help, it will also be vulnerable to fraudsters and it will be very disappointing to later find out that the donation has gone into the wrong hands.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Most people won't give you money for business set up on GofundMe. It is mainly for donation for charity or hospital bills.

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
On GoFundMe platform, entrepreneurs can raise funds for their business ideas, by connecting with the networks of supporters among whom they can access funds. A superb campaign page that should capture the interest of investors should explain your business idea, funding goals, future plans, and reward backers. Working to spread the word across social media and email listings. Create some creative input such as the product discount or naming right to make sure the involved contribution. However, crowdsourcing may not be a perfect solution, but it accomplishes gathering funds from the community to support the entrepreneurial vision.