How to get enough sleep at night

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This is my problem recently maybe due to the tragedy that I experienced and all the connected issues that were giving me stress. When I am stressed out I noticed that I get sleepy early in the evening like 8 pm. But I try to fight it because my bedtime hour is 9:30 pm. When I go to bed it will take less than 5 minutes for me to sleep. That is fine. However, I would wake up before midnight (usually at 11 pm) and my mind would be active that sleep would be far from me. I will lose 2 hours by staying awake. Sometimes I watch tv or do the crossword puzzle to make me sleep. Fortunately I get around 3 hours of sleep from 2 am up to 5 am. Is that enough if I get around 6 hours of sleep? The doctor in the family said for my age 6 hours of sleep is enough. But I feel lethargic so I get a nap of 15 minutes during the daytime.

Now my target is to get back to my usual sleep pattern of continuous sleeping from 9:30 pm to 5 am. Last night I had a can of beer that made me sleep early but regarding continuous sleep the beer did not help. I would greatly appreciate some suggestions but no medications, please. I want a natural means to sleep well.

E

eldavis

Not having enough sleep has been my problem for some time now and currently it's more like it's getting worse most times I usually sleep around 12 or even 1:00 am the night and still have to wake up by 5 : 00am cause thats when we have our family morning devotion. There are so many things I need to sort out, be it my work or one or two personal work I need to take care of before sleeping.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Getting enough sleep is even more challenging to me because sometimes I goes to bed by 11:00 and wake up by 5:00 a.m. generally this is just a 6 hours sleep which is not even the required hour that is necessary to sleep on daily basis

This lack of sleep on my path is as a result of a lot of activities going on in my life and I really have to spend some time
on the internet to do a lot of online activities which limits the time i sleep every day ..

It is just for me to be discipline and organise my time perfectly.. I have to make sure I am on beds before 9:00 pm, this will really help but a situation in which I am sleeping by 11:00 p.m. won't really be good because I must definitely wake up by 5 a.m. in the morning. if we can goes to bed on time waking up early won't really be a difficult task

Not completing the normal sleeping hours msy sometimes not be the best for the body depending on the hours you are sleeping , if everybody is well disciplined to make an arrangement of going to bed on time everything will be possible.

D

Deleted member 28127

Sometimes work stress will not let you sleep enough at night so what is recommended is to practice sports at night means by this way you will avoid the stress of hole day and then sleep enough not stay thinking and thinking without sleeping because mostly if your work is web development or network security where you are obliged to stay long hours in front of pc means you need such practices.