How to improve your personal finance

ENZO5

Verified member
Have you heard the story of a rich man turning to poor man? Am not talking about novels but real life story. I know of this man in my street, he was wealthy, nobody knows his source of income though, but within few years he came broke gradually until he was back to square 1,very poor.
We came to find out that he was working for one company but all the salaries he got every month was for flexing and spending with different girls. He didn't think about investing the money or increasing his finances that's why he became poor again, he was sacked.

Improving our finance is very important. Let's talk about how improving our finances can help and what it requires.

Improving your finances requires a combination of planning, discipline, and smart decision making. Here are some steps you can take to improve your financial situation:

CREATE A BUDGET: Start by determining how much money you earn and how much you spend each month. Look for areas where you can cut back on spending, such as dining out or entertainment expenses.

REDUCE DEBT: High levels of debt can be a burden on your finances. Consider paying off high-interest debt, such as credit card balances, as soon as possible. If possible stay out from debts.

START SAVING: Set aside a portion of your income each month for emergencies, long-term savings, and retirement. Automating your savings can help make it a habit.

INVEST IN YOUR EDUCATION AND CAREER: Investing in yourself through education or skills training can increase your earning potential over the long term.

CONSIDER YOUR PURCHASING DECISIONS: Before making a big purchase, consider if it is necessary and if there are cheaper alternatives. Look for sales and discounts, and be a savvy shopper.

BUILD AN EMERGENCY FUND: An emergency fund can help provide financial stability and security in the face of unexpected events. Aim to save three to six months' worth of living expenses.

BE MINDFUL OF FEES: Be mindful of fees associated with bank accounts, investments, and loans, and look for options that minimize these costs.

Remember, improving your finances is a journey and it takes time. Stick with your plan and make adjustments as needed, and you'll be on your way to a stronger financial future.

Imran Noori

Verified member
Spending money recklessly will face you with big problems, you need to create a budget for your monthly income, in this way you can manage everything related to your financial life.

I personally divide my income into three portions, one portion for savings (saving for retirement, saving for business, saving for rainy days), one portion for investments and the third portion for daily expenses.