Saving Money How To Make A Transportation Budget?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Transportation is something that is very important in our life. Humans have been using transportation for a very long time. In the past, we have used animals as transports and right now in the modern world, we tend to use cars, buses, motorcycles, etc as transports. Making a transportation budget is something that is very important. This is because transportation is something that is crucial for us and if we do not make a budget for our traveling expense, then we might end up spending more money. Unfortunately, I live in a place where the government is now planning to increase the price of petrol after every fourth months.

They will increase a few cents after each four months and now I am being really concerned about it, despite the fact that my traveling is not so much. I get petrol filled in my motorcycle after every two days now. In the past, I used to get it filled after every four to five days. Apart from that, there are many people who tend to travel in buses and some people even use Uber in my city. So, since every thing (including transportation) is getting expensive, do you think you should create a transportation budget? If yes, then how do you make a budget for that?

D

Deleted member 28127

Sometimes if you calculate transportation to far town with your car and get public transport you will find by public transportation you could save a lot of money and even maintenance fees.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When my wife was driving her own car for work she was kind of conscious about the expenses. Traveling by public transport here is not an alternative because it is too difficult to get a ride and it is very inconvenient. Much more at the present time with the pandemic it is suicidal to ride in a bus. We are fortunate to have a car that my wife is comfortable in traveling to and from work. However, the expenses are rising due to the increasing price of gasoline. Our only choice is to leave earlier to avoid the traffic. It is a common knowledge that traffic increases the use of fuel so we made a rough estimate. Without the traffic my wife had saved around 10% to 20% of her gas expense. The time spent on the road is approximately 45 minutes if she leaves before the rush hours. But during rush hours her travel time is 2 hours or longer which makes her consume more fuel.