How To Make Money As A Wedding Photographer

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Wedding photographer is a photographer that focuses on shooting pictures for wedding only, in Nigeria, weddings are special events and I think that's how it is in most cultures around the world, there are a lot shoots involved during a wedding, pre wedding shots, wedding shots and post wedding shots, pictures are memories, they are cherished by most.

To start up a wedding photographer you need equipments like camera, lightning and photo studio, this can cost you at first but they're one off expenses and also it's an investment that will yield a good reward in the future or you can start up as an apprentice and work your up from there.

As a wedding photographer it's very recommendable to have a good social presence like on Instagram that deals with visuals, you can manage it your self or hire someone to manage it for you and most of your prospects might meet you through social network, it's a viable option for marketing.

Initially getting clients can be hard so, I'll recommend pairing up with an already established event planner, maybe on a commission based, before you start getting your own clients.

Wedding photography can also be combined with video and event planning also.

Happy New year @moonchild
Thank you for this very educative and informative thread.
wedding photography is very lucrative especially here in Nigeria.
once you are good at capturing amazing pictures and good at connecting with people and event planners.

You can get unimaginable profits from it

Thank you for the information you shared, it is a nice business idea but I believe this business will be more lucretive if you are able to take your advertising strategies seriously because this is how you can be able to get in touch with people who might really be interested in your services for you to be able to offer on to them, this is not a business you only have to depend on wedding before you are able to make money , you can also make money by getting in touch with people who are celebrating birthdays and others.. mostly you can also make money from this business on festive season like the Christmas that just past, yes I like the fact that you mention that the best way for people to really advertise this type of business is to have an Instagram account , it is absolutely necessary because that is where people can get in touch with you if they are interested in your services .. And at the same time you must also be able to provide quality service to people you have an opportunity to do business with , this will also help to determine your success, when people are satisfied with what you do, they can confidently refer you to others.