How to make money by renting out your house for movie making

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
If you are a Nigerian and you live in nigeria then you will definitely understand more about this business, I can’t really say that it is a stable source of income but when the chance comes, you can actually make good money from it. The thing is that Nigeria movie industry is not really that standard and that is why an opportunity like this is able to surface. If you happen to have built your own house and you really spent a lot of money making up to the level of using to make a movie, it means such building is very beautiful beyond imagination because some of these movies we see are being sold not only within the country but also internationally where other people from outside nation would see how great whatever they use is. The ways to go about this is,
1. You have to be influential
2. You have to be rich

1. You have to be influential: Obviously, one would not have the chance to do some business deal with the public figures or the celebrities if you are not well connected.

2. You have to be rich: Of course, being rich is very important to make this happen, there is no way one could possibly have a house of that standard if not rich.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
To me, this will be a worst way of making money. It is not only in Nigeria that the business may fail but other countries. Most time, the artiste do engage in begging spree and not payment means. Besides, they only use houses that befit a role. What's the the probability that your house will be meeting standard every time? Besides, there is Hollywood place where all costumes and materials are produced.

B

Brightwarmer

Haha… from where I come from I bet You won’t make anything from renting houses for movies. Most movie producers use well built houses for that and mostly the rich guys’ houses. Most producers use it for free. Some use their own properties. Personally I think this way of making money works in the advanced countries where lots of revenue comes from the movie industries. Paying house owners to use their houses won’t be a problem there looking at the revenues coming in but where I come from 😂..u get it??

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
I have seen this happened before but to be candid they didn't really pay so well, some of the locations that were used by the film directors were used and they never paid a dime for it. To be candid some of this people we see on set or locations are not really well to do, they depend heavily on loans to shoot these movies.

Hence they even find it difficult to settle the cast themselves and if sometimes they end up owing even their camera men and women. So if one should depend on what movie directors can pay to use your house for a film one will be heavily disappointed.

B

Brightwarmer

Most actors and actresses are not even well paid to be on set not to talk of paying to rent a house to shoot 😀. Here???

Immilash

This actually lucrative business that bring steady income. You can only start a football watching center you can earn enough from it. I saying This because I have a little experience on it.