How to make workers resume early to work

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I do not think there is a need to even reward employees for coming early to their work place. That is actually what they should ordinarily do and failure to do so should rather lead to a query and even sanctioning them as it shows they are not interested in the job.
well, everyone is isn’tsame, this is why you need to use the formula that you believe suits your ideologies. Yes I agree with you that workers should naturally assume early to work but if you need to push those that are aren’t responding to do so by adding incentives then good and better

Jonaville

I believe if you have diligent employees you don't need to be lecturing them on the importance of coming to work early. That said, the best way you can make them understand that is by setting an example by yourself. If you go to work late it won't have a good impact on them.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Definitely leading by example is very important because it will set the standard of your business. When you come early to work then your workers have no reason to be late. it is also very important to reward the most hardworking and punctual workouts at the end of every year or month as the case may be.

fmwinneer

make them love what they do , only accept people or wokers who love the job and ready to do it not people who only wnat the money to survive thats the secet

Tuitiun

I disagree about punctuality - workers should not be judged by how much time they spend in the office but what they can produce in a period of time - both quantity and quality

dagm

You're appropriate using this your description as well as it will certainly truly assist business women and men right below. However a long time certainly there certainly still some employees that when they view that you're as well smooth on all of them they be mischievous as well as began taking you for given through certainly not beginning opportunity as well as view that if they performed such you will certainly constantly pardon all of them.

Skysaint

Verified member
When I was still a high school/ secondary student, our school teachers are known if not for anything else but for the degree of their punctuality. Sometimes it do make me wonder as most times teachers arrive to school before we students. The secret is that our principal do deduct more than a dollar from your salary for everyday you fail to be punctual, and with this made our teachers arrive to work early enough

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Coming or going to work on time should be the regular ethic of a fervent worker. It should be the priority of a worker to resume to work early, and I do not think some certain reward should be given for that. But strict law can be made to drive the workers to coming to work early.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was operations manager I usually arrive in our office an hour before the official start of work (8:30 am). The programmers are seldom late in coming because they know that I am already in the office and I would notice them. Our boss is also an early bird who I think is good for setting an example to the employees.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
It is known that punctuality is the soul of business. The place of punctuality in a business can't be over-emphasized because it comes with immense benefits to the business

So it pertinent to apply all you can to instill this habit into your workers.you can achieve it by doing the following

Start with leading by example. You would feel confidence to work on others

Do not favor any worker, treat everyone same and mete out same punishment for defaulters

Employ incentives to reward those that are always punctual to work. You can even promote them if necessary

Talk to your late coming workers and relate to your new workers to the business that the business doesn't entertain any habit of late coming.

What else do you think should be done?

Augusta

VIP Contributor
It's their duty to resume work on time. I disagree with you on that. I don't think any bonus should come from that. What if all the staff decides to be punctual having seen what you are doing to a worker? Would you stop the incentive? While it encourages effective working, it also creates a loophole.
Although it is almost possible for all of them to be punctual, encourage ment would do.
Well, this is why it is good to only start what one can finish. When you start an incentive it should be one that one can follow through. So it is up to the director or owner to use incentive that is sustainable at least for a long time. It will be motivating.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Punctuality is truly very good for a business. Coming late to work reduces working hours and that means the goals set for each day will not be reached. I think it all starts with setting the best time that favours each employee to arrive to work. Then all the measures such as setting an example, giving rewards and punishment come in place.
I think it has to do with both the employer and the workers working the right time out that will favor everyone. The time shouldn’t be too early or inconvenient for the worker. If the worker can agree to the time then they need to keep to it for the common good of everyone

Kingstone

It's their duty to resume work on time. I disagree with you on that. I don't think any bonus should come from that. What if all the staff decides to be punctual having seen what you are doing to a worker? Would you stop the incentive? While it encourages effective working, it also creates a loophole.
Although it is almost possible for all of them to be punctual, encourage ment would do.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
I do not think there is a need to even reward employees for coming early to their work place. That is actually what they should ordinarily do and failure to do so should rather lead to a query and even sanctioning them as it shows they are not interested in the job.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Punctuality is truly very good for a business. Coming late to work reduces working hours and that means the goals set for each day will not be reached. I think it all starts with setting the best time that favours each employee to arrive to work. Then all the measures such as setting an example, giving rewards and punishment come in place.

funmi

Verified member
Well, punctuality of workers goes a long way in business of a Truth but there are some certain things that should be considered too before setting or fixing a time for resumption. The first thing to consider is that the time you fix is it realistic for anybody to resume? You must also consider the locations of your workers and the proximity of getting to work as at the time you want them to get there

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
You are correct with this your explanation and it will really help the business men and women here. But some time there still some workers that when they see that you are too soft on them they misbehave and started taking you for granted by not coming on time and see that if they did such you will always pardon them. So how can we treat this people?