How to market YouTube channel offline

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Marketing your YouTube channel online looks really easy since there are other social media online you can drop your youtube links. But you know it isn’t everyone that you can capture online, some people are offline that you can lure online to watch your videos and give you the needed traffic. So how do you achieve this marketing strategy.

1.Attend relevant events offline: This is where you can meet people of like minds and share your youtube chanel with them during an interaction. You might just be interacting with potential viewers so go ahead.

2.Use a business card; if you have a business card, then you should include the URL of your channel on it. Try to have a eye catching designs of it on the card, so that people can see it at a glance

3. Be a speaker at event: you can scan for seminars or events that deal with your channel niche. Become a speaker and redirect people to go online to watch your videos to learn more. This is one great way to get new subscribers and viewers.

4.Be a writer: try writing for local newspapers or magazines as an authority in your niche. Where you have to write your short bio for the writing house you can drop your youtube channel there. People would want to see more information on your discussion.

What do you think?

Mika

VIP Contributor
I will be very open to this topic. I am not sure if promoting your youtube channels offline will actually help your channel grow. Let me ask you one simple question, how many youtube channels have you followed that you saw advertised offline. If you ask me, my answer is none. I read newspapers and I see a lot of writers leaving their social media handles including their youtube channel names at the bottom of their articles, I have checked their social media handles but have never checked their youtube channels just because I saw them on articles. I have attended a lot of seminars, and trade shows, but never actually remembered the name of youtube channels. Even when I m able to remember the channel name and try to search on youtube it is really hard to find these channels because of SEO, unless your channel is very popular and you have done proper SEO, it is really hard to find it by searching from the name, I have also received business cards but never bothered to check the youtube channels. Unless you are a celebrity sort, no one is going to look for you on youtube. ONline platforms require online advertising.