How to Overcome Job Search Depression?

Jasz

VIP Contributor
The first thing you have to do is realize that you are not alone. Millions of people are going through this same thing as you. The second thing is to do something about it. The third thing is to learn how to stay positive during your job search.
There are a lot of ways that people can get depressed during their job search, such as: feeling isolated, feeling like they have no control over the situation and not knowing what's going on. All these things can lead to depression and anxiety, which can make it even harder for someone to find a job.

The first step in overcoming this is by realizing that there are plenty of other people who are going through the same thing as you, so don't feel like you're alone in your struggle, there are plenty of other people who are struggling with finding employment too. Another important step is taking action. Make sure that you're always looking for jobs or networking with people who might be able to help you find a job in some way shape or form; even if they don't have any openings at their company right now (or even if there aren't any openings anywhere else), at least they'll know someone who might need someone with your qualification.

Bard Racheal

There are many people who are leaving at home,they stay at home without having the knowledge of where they can get a job,not only a job,but a good one.

So,since they do not have one,they decide to go out with their files, credentials better still,to search for.
Only to find out that they can't eet a job,since they do not have connections.
Some times,in some cases, the people they meet to offer them a job will demand otherwise from them.
Like the females,the male boss will demand that she will have to have sex with them before the job will be offered to them.

To the male job seekers,it is vise versa.
So, those people who shuns that kind of a means of getting employed,will have to go sit at home,and wait till whenever God blesses them like the way he blessed other youths like them.
But,since they are desperately in need of the job,and they need money to cater for them selves, because they do not want to go stranded,and they are not good at begging money from people; this has brought about depression to many job seekers who have not gotten a job.

Since no one is born to remain broke for the rest of their lives,this kind of a depressing situation can plunge them into doing that otherwise.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I think the first thing people needs to know is that you can live above any kind of pressure life throws at you. And the good thing is that you are never the only person going through it and know that some people even gets it worse but they are still good and moving forward.

Being unemployed isn't great at all, because it always leave one broke and vulnerable but know that you should focus more on the solution and not the problem. So always look for avenues on how you can lift the problem off you no matter how little you can try. If the jobs are not forth coming try buying and selling anything to lift you from the ground that you are.

I know it can be frustrating to meet a brick wall almost all the time you decides to move forward in getting a job but don't be despair because you can still do other things that can fetch you money, you just need to look around you.

How about assisting people in your neighborhood to clean for a fee. if you can baby sit look for a day are hereby to assist with caring for the babies. Just do little services and get paid.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
Job search depression is a real thing, and it can happen to anyone. Job search depression is the feeling of hopelessness that sets in when you've been looking for a job for a long time and haven't found anything yet. It's easy to fall into the trap of thinking that no one wants to hire you because you're not good enough or because your resume isn't impressive enough, but that's usually not true. You just need to keep on trying and remind yourself how much potential there is in your career. Here are some tips on how to overcome job search depression: depression

1. Take care of yourself. Eat well, exercise regularly, and get enough sleep every night. If you're feeling especially low, talk with friends or family members who can help lift your spirits by reminding you of all the great things about yourself and your future prospects.

2. Get involved in something new! It doesn't have to be work related, just something fun that will give you something positive to focus on besides your job search woes. This could include joining a new club or team at school or church, going on dates with friends more, or even just reading a book from start

blessingc

Hmmm.. This job depression talk is pretty much a fact because personally I have been going through alot lately due to this unemployment stuff so, this topic is literally for me. I need to know how to control my emotions pretty much because when I look around people around are making money, they go out at the breaking of the day come back at even with motivation while I just sit at home all day it's feels bad seriously.

Although I work online, and make money from different sites but the money is much beside that I need to go out so I don't be seen as a lazy person and so I can take care of my needs without looking at others.

Well, lately, to control though not totally my emotions I have been trying to occupy my self with the little house chores I have, with stitching clothes since I'm less busy and reading stories I do my online jobs too, post on Tendri, check out my earnings where I earn my passive income and perform task with my social media accounts to earn little credits and to keep occupied till my applications in various companies and schools are accepted.