How To Reduce Pollution Caused By Mining?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Cryptocurrency mining is a great process that helps miners earn a "fee" when it comes to bitcoin transactions. This process is quite complex and this is why there are many computers that tend to "solve" this problem. However, we must know that solving this problem required computer to "work" a lot and this may overburden your graphic card or CPU as well, in case if you are using a CPU to mine cryptocurrencies.

This is the main reason why pollution is produced as the computer uses a lots of energy to mine coins. However, what could be done if order to reduce the pollution caused by the mining process? There are many alternative solutions out there and some people even believe that we might be able to mine these digital coins using some sort of small chips as this is the kind of technological development many people are expecting in the future.

However, the fact of the matter is that this kind of technological development is something that we must expect in the future. Right now, this might not be a possibility. Some people claim that we could mine coins through solar panels and even by using a volcano as well. So, is this really possible? How to reduce pollution when it comes to mining?

Hola Penio

Some minor cryptocurrencies have done just that by conceiving innovative ways to distribute coins. For example, the cryptocurrency Solarcoin distributes its currency as a reward to solar installations. Miners receive 1 Solarcoin for every megawatt-hour generated from solar technology. With other cryptocurrencies, like Reddcoin, coins are “minted” instead of “mined,” which means users are rewarded based on ownership instead of computing power.