Saving Money How to save money on Education as a student

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The tuition and other school fees are becoming excessively high now all around the world. But as we know if you think that education is expensive then try ignorance which is costlier.The way out is how to get educated by a low cost for you than not attending school.

So what are the way to save money or subsidize the cost of your education, The below tips will help.

Scholarship or grants:
This is where you would have free to subsides way of saving the total amount for your education
You need to check both online and offline for scholarships schemes that you can apply for to get you at least free tuition.

School Loans:

Another avenue is to adopt any Subsidized school loans you can have access to both online and offline. This will help you save money as you pay less for the loans while you acquire your education at ease

Study Online:
Another way you can save money while studying is taking advantage of the internet to study online you can join an already pre recorded classes follow through and get a certificate at the end of a school year.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
These are really great ways that students especially in schools of higher learning can save money. And there are other petty ways that money can be saved apart from such huge grants and support that really help you save much and at once.

There are habits that are money friendly and students who learn to adopt them can really save a lot and survive even on little amounts.
Like when you know how to save in feeding by avoiding buying food byt rather prepare which is proofably more economical.

Then on handouts and lesson notes also. You can instead of purchasing snap the notes and study on your phone is that is possible for you. I do that many at times and it really helps me save a lot that I spend on handouts and lesson notes.

Students can also save on transport by staying in the hostel. The amount that will be spent on transport is less if a student stays in the school hostel or any nearby location

Etini

Valued Contributor
I think that education is not meant for everyone. I love education being expensive so only a few people that would have an education must have sacrificed a lot to be educated. In that way, education would have value. Today, we are churning out so many graduates that the educational system has lost value. Abundance means no value. I believe getting an education should be sacrificial.

Apart from basic education, the rest of the educational levels should be made to be a test of desire. It is crazy to know that education is subsidized in my country by the government and they have made it so cheap that just anyone can breeze through school. It is wrong at all levels. People have to learn how to make sacrifices if they are to acquire the education they desire. I am a proponent of capitalism in the educational sector. Education should not be cheap.

Rubz

These are really great ways to study asca student, at a cheaper cost. In my country, big companies or even the government offer scholarship to less privileged students who can't afford to pay their fees. Scholarships might also be offered to students who are doing excellently in their academics. This is why most students strive to come out with good grades.
Online classes is also a good way to save money as a student. The problem with online classes though is that not every course can be studied online. Courses that have a lot of practical aspect for example nursing and pharmacy can not be studied online. Also, not every company will like to accept a student who just studied online. The company might feel the student is not properly qualified for the job unlike those who attended a proper university.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
As a student as long as I will be able to have access to Grant or scholarship, that would have been one of the best way i can finish up my school without any problem as long as finance is concerned.

Well , over here the government are not really caring about people that much. Even though there are different opportunities people could get scholarship but the government still have a lot of parts to play by giving grants to students that are not able to access the scholarship scheme.

If I have to go into the university , the most important thing I will be looking forward to see is to make sure that I work part-time to raise the needed money I needs and those money I will be raising during my part-time work will be strictly for education . I wouldn't want to divert it into something that will never be in line with my school.