How to sell organic food products

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
There is now the suspicion that some organic farm products are not really organic. Since organic vegetables are more costly than the regular vegetables so some vendors in the market are putting a small poster that their vegetables are organic. There should be a law against false advertising. I agree on that. But the issue now is how do you determine if the vegetables are organic or not? Is there a test for that? Well, for marketing purposes one vendor had indicated the farm where she gets the organic vegetables. That one can be trusted since the buyer can check on the farm if there is doubt. It is a good marketing style.

Some traders are taking orders from consumers via social media. That is to assure the public that their farm products are indeed organic.

Last edited:

Nova

I think organic food craze is only among the people who do diet and also are vegan. Those people who are conscious about those food choices. They tend to make the sells for the food products pretty easily. I have learned from my experience that selling organic products is kind of difficult too. I don't think a lot of people understand that not all people would be customers there. Instead you can see that the crowd is pretty limited with the demand and the supply.

Most of the organic product companies struggle from marketing considering the organic products without making use of chemicals can't last long. And that is one reason only local product makers can have the local organic products as well. So that is one of such aspect that limits you from proper sales.

Setho

VIP Contributor
As somebody who wants to sell organic food products and you want to differentiate yourself from the remaining people then you should definitely have a brand. This will ensure that the general public can be able to monitor your business right from the production to the packaging and to the distribution so that there is no way you'll be able to lie that you have organic products while you do not have the actual sense.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Before you start selling organic products, you need to get a certificate of organic produce from the concerned department. people will not buy the product just because you said it is organic, they will buy only when it has been certified that the produce is organic. When you have the proof, selling is easy