How to start a profitable piggery business

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Pork meat is in high demand especially for environment that really love the meat. Starting the business will need a great rate of care just like other businesses. You need to get the necessary steps right to be able to have a successful piggery business. the below tips can help you

• Know the size of the piggery you need
  • Do a little research about the pig market where you live
  • Get only a professional for your pen building
  • Only purchase healthy pigs
  • Acquaint yourself with all the vaccines and vaccination for pigs
  • Know the disease associated with pigs and how to treat them, again know about their feeds
  • Now start the business small and move higher from there
  • Don’t forget to get some training on caring for pigs
What do you think?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Piggery is a very lucrative business. If somebody can get good location because their pen use to smell well well .
  • make sure that there is enough running of water their because they really valued water.
  • provide there food at a right the.
  • give them better vaccine needed
  • Make sure that they have enough space and
  • look for good customers that will be buying them.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Piggery is definitely very good business but i need to know the kind of areas you open such businesses because there are some people that doesn't consume it. It is always very advisable to do research and brainstorming before venturing into any business. buying of healthy pigs is also a very good idea as you stated.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I had an experience with backyard piggery when I was young. But now that we live in a suburban town there are laws that prohibit piggery here. They are allowed only in the rural area. Based on my experience the profit is 50% of the capital. However, a big piggery has many problems but primary is the disease that can hit the farm.

Josemendez

Verified member
Outside making provision for all these Amenities for starting a piggery business , there is need for you to understand that the first important consideration is the demand for the pork meat. If the demand in your locality is not up to 50% , you won't make much profit from the business.