How to start a successful turkey farming business

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Turkey farming business is a lucrative one which will need you to know the nitty gritty of how to start it to be both lucrative and profitable for you.

So how can you succeed with your turkey farming business

Start by acquiring the right knowledge on how to run a turkey farm. Then go ahead to do proper market research for turkey demand in your state or locality.

Then you need to pick a good location for your turkey farming.so that you would have a good shelter or good housing for your turkeys.

Next is to buy some turkey farming equipment that will aid with the farming like Wood shavings,Heat lamp if raising more than 10 poults.
Hanging feeder, water fountain etc.

You would need to buy good turkey breeds from a trusted supplier. Then get their feeds to start feeding to raise the turkeys properly.

Lastly, you would need to maintain the turkey health management program. This will help keep the turkey from dying prematurely.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Yes you are right on point with these tips and they are good steps to follow when trying to set up a turkey farming business.

To add to your excellent blueprint for turkey farming business, I think one very important thing that one should have in place is to have the nice environment for the farming.
It must be conducive, favorable and safe for your animals. I know of people who detest turkey and may not be happy when they find out you harbour turkey. There are also animals that cannot co habit with turkey. So one must be able to know and get the necessary knowledge on these and put things in place.

And also the health of the animals must be monitored. There was a time I personally farmed turkey and due to my negligence about their health, I woke up one fateful morning and found out that the biggest of my turkeys which I placed much price on was lying dead.