How to start your own business: 3 helpful tips

King bell

VIP Contributor
You’ve always wanted to start your own business but you don’t know how to go about it?

That's not a problem, because in this article, I'm going to share the ten best tips that will help you start a business with little or no money. Let's dive right into it!

The first tip is as follows: "Never quit your day job". This may sound easy enough at first, but many people choose to do just that. But now imagine if you had worked for forty hours a week all those years and still lived paycheck-to-paycheck. Now think about giving up those forty hours of work and living with absolutely nothing. You're only asking for financial disaster, because no job means no income. That's not even mentioning the fact that you’re giving up your health and safety in exchange for working less.

But just because the first tip is one of the best tips doesn’t mean that it’s all you need when starting a business. You also need to put some money into it. And that can be done in several ways: "Start saving money", "Get an investment from family or friends", and "Start a side business".

The second tip is as follows: "Take the jump and learn how to market yourself". Starting a business isn’t just about opening up on the first day. It’s also about learning how to market yourself to ensure that you get a good amount of customers. You can only do that with hard work, but if you think about it, it's not that much work.

The third tip is as follows: "Get your business up and running". So you've learned how to market yourself and now you have some customers, but now what? Well get your business up and running! You need to make sure that everything runs smoothly before you open up shop for real. That means coming up with a name, making sure your products are competitively priced, and so on.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
This is actually very much helpful because a lot of people are fond of quitting their jobs whenever they want to venture into businesses and the thing is that some of them succeed and some end up not succeeding.

If you want to start a business you don't need to quit your job until you have established yourself properly in your new business venture.

That way you will not run out of the money to finance the business for it to become successful. The only thing that would make you to quit your day job is if it is preventing you from actually starting your own business properly.

But if it is not preventing you then you need to do it simultaneously with your own business and you can become successful on the long run and then quit.

Before going to a business it is always important for you to learn how that particular business works properly from people who have been in the business before.

Heartstrings

Thank you for this tips, actually I know alot of people really wish to start up their own business but the issue of capital and how to go about it hinders them from doing what they have so much passion for. Quiting a job to start up a business is really not a good idea but it also depends on what an individual wants,some would quit their job in order to focus more on their business,while some is because the business has more profits and far better than their job.. Depends ok what type of business it is. But on a second thought, having a job and a side business will increase your source of income and just like a good dude hustle.

Some people also quit their job to jump into a business they knew nothing much about,they may do this just because their friends are doing it,buy forgot what works for them may not work for him/her.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Thank you for sharing , even if I have to establish business now I will not quit my day job because it will be a way I'll be using to generate some money while trying to grow and establish the business to make it stable . It is not just about establishing of business but making the business to be stable to a point that the business start generating you profit to sustain yourself and the business is what so many people find it difficult to achieve. And as a result if this is not achieve I don't see any need why we should quit our day job.

Personally the most important thing to consider when thinking of establishing a business is the required capital. Followed by a proper location and good mentorship from people who have better idea of what the business is all about. I think with all these the possibility of losing or business mismanagement will be very slim

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
In order to be successful at starting or establishing your own business, one of the most important thing to always look out for is that the business location and the business premises must be suitable and very conducive for the business existence. Majority of business owners and business managers usually do the mistake of situating their business in an area not suitable and fitting for the business to make reasonable profit as a result of the business population being low or not having required income rate to purchase the goods and services of the business.

Secondary another tip to have in mind is that sufficient capital really goes along with establishing a successful and prosperous business. The ability for you to become successful in your business does not only depends on management but rather also depends on the ability for you to give the business the amount of money and the amount of capital facilitation that it needs to grow and to become something worth admiring.