How to Stop Teen Drinking

Mika

VIP Contributor
Drinking alcohol is a grave problem in society. Even more is when the teens start drinking alcohol as fun, in parties, gatherings, etc. and soon it becomes a habit. The worst thing about teen drinking is you cannot stop them because once they reach legal age (18 years in many counties), they can drink as much alcohol as they can.

Alcohol is bad because it...

Weakens immune system

Disrupts sleep

Cause diabetes

Makes heartbeat irregular

Makes bones thin, depletes muscles

Changes hormonal balance

How can you help your teen stop drinking alcohol? The easiest ways is by making them aware of adverse effects of drinking and asking them to choose non-drinking friends

If the teen has a friend who drinks alcohol, it is more likely that he/she will drink. Encourage teens to leave friends who are not willing to give up drinking, and befriend those who do not drink or who have given up alcohol.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
You have a point too, when they are with their peers that drinks alcohol, surely they'll influence them joining the alcohol drinking circle. But when we restrict them from those friends by telling them the negative impact of alcohol to their health, and how it can become injurious to them, fear might make them avoid such friends at an easy age, and make them to fear alcohol.

A K Rao

Unfortunately the teen age is a vulnerable age when the youth or the kids tend to commit several mistakes and the alcoholism is one of such vice. Since there is lack of awareness of the teenagers go for drinking. The company along with the less of responsibilities encourage these people to drink out of the limits which is bad. The Government put a ban on the consumption of liquor / Alcohol under a certain age like we have in our country to check this habit in teens.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I learned smoking and drinking when I was a teenager. Admittedly I learned those vices through the influence of friends. It was just fortunate that I knew drugs is bad so I was able to avoid it when I was young. Maybe if we lived in an upscale village then I wouldn't have learned vices.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Alcohol is also one of the major causes of death worldwide. More people die from complications related to alcohol compared to hard drugs like cocaine and heroin. Sadly, legal age drinking is allowed in all countries, and alcohol consumption is glorified on media, mostly in movies. Teens take a cue from their favorite actors.

dagm

Sadly the teenager grow older is actually a susceptible grow older when the young people or even the youngsters have the tendency to dedicate a number of errors as well as the alcoholism is just one of such bad habit. Because there's absence of understanding of the teens opt for consuming. The business together with the much less of obligations motivate these individuals to beverage away from excess which misbehaves. The Federal authorities place a prohibit on the usage of liquor / Booze under a specific grow older like our team invite our nation to inspect this practice in teenagers.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Alcohol addiction kills like covid19, still people gets addicted more and more to it. Even when the implications is stated clearly for them to adhere. Teens watching movies seeing their favourite movie stars enjoying alcohol, led them too being addicted. Peer influence is one of the major factors why teenagers get into alcohol.

Putta Vince

Thing is to stop having such friends who are drinks addicted and also force others to have drinks with them during parties or gatherings. We should tell them the side effects of drinking and scare them a lot , this way they will stop drinking for their own good sake.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
There are other things that can causes teenagers to engage themselves into drinking of dangerous chemical into the body (alcohol). Environmental factors like early exposure to these drinks at the earliest stage can actually make people to develop interest for it, it is advisable that we protect our young teenagers from getting exposed to most of these drinks.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Alcohol related deaths is higher than drug related deaths, yet alcohol is sold openly where as drug use is illegal in many countries. I think government should introduce stricter rules for alcohol consumption and alcohol selling. There is legal age for drinking but this has not stopped people from getting addicted.

Kola

Verified member
Teen drinking is caused due to what they see there elder ones doing.when they see adult smoking they think it's gOod and that it cannot affect the body but they are wrong it affects the body mentally when addicted to it.so adult should stop smoking to reduce the rate of teens smoking

cmoneyspinner

In USA, there is a legal age to purchase alcohol. Notice I said “purchase”, not “drink”. Kids these days have access to both alcohol and drugs. They don't have to get it from the streets. It's right inside their home. Parents need to ensure that kids can not easily access their prescription meds and the alcohol cabinet. I know you can't follow your kids everywhere to see what they do. But the celebrity Drew Barrymore had an addiction before she reached the age of adolescence. She said the stuff was right there in her house and she would drink it when nobody was looking.