Imitating a popular brand of a product

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Do you believe that a product’s name can stick to the mind and that it can influence your purchasing decision? In the US there was a restaurant named Sony which elicited a complaint by the electronics company. The restaurant was closed as it lost the suit of the electronics company. It was sad because Sony Restaurant was selling good.

FB Tentucky.jpg
Now comes this Tentucky Fried Chicken. That fast food is the business of my cousin’s son. They admitted that the name was after Kentucky. The business was selling good and the profit is increasing. Maybe the imitation of the name has magic in the minds of the public. At first I thought it was a joke but now it is a serious business that they are planning to put up a branch store.

This is not a new concept in my country. At times, they even do to the extent of using the same color. Though, this method is a best way of manipulating customers to patronize you because of the name that sounds like a name of another big brand name. But I don't like it because it is like playing on the intelligence of the customers.