Shares/Stock Impact of the Russia vs Ukraine Conflict on the Stock Market

Suba

Staff member
Since Russia's invasion of Uraina last Thursday, it seems that financial markets around the world have reacted negatively, the index will correct and securities prices will fall or in other words yields will increase, cryptocurrency prices will collapse. Especially if there is a war involving many countries, of course the global economy will be disrupted. Supply chain will be disrupted, global economic growth will contract. course activity
imports and exports will also be disrupted and will result in sloping consumption and investment. The Russia vs Ukraine conflict coincided with a tapering carried out by the United States, so the impact was very striking on the financial sector, namely the decline in local money.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
The conflict between Russia and Ukraine started out as just some minor issues of a land boundary dispute which the whole felt would be easily resolved, it first started out on the boarder lines of creamia and that was quickly resolved during the president Barack Obama's regime and the smoke was put out at the time and everyone felt this will not be coming up again when the world is till battling with covid19 and the new omicron variant which has been known to be also very deadly.

There is hardly any country of the world that did not feel the impact of this dreaded virus. As so many economies were shut down and a lot of things were placed on hold. Life for so many was filled with somuch pain and untold hardship. The world is just in a phase of trying to recover and here again the Russia - Ukraine crisis. We really do not know how long this will last but we are already feeling the stings as the international is gradually been affecting with the rising cost of of Brent crude and even gas which Russia has to be a major exporter of. So many other commoditieswill be affected in the coming days.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My take on the conflict in Russia-Ukraine is a war of economics. Europe has reacted to the invasion of Russia that Russian bank accounts are like hostage because Russian banks cannot deal with European banks. Monetary transfer to outside bank cannot be done which means Russians are confined to their country. If they need to pay someone abroad then they cannot do that now. I guess that bank moratorium can affect the economy not only of Russia but also other countries. For example if our country is buying oil from Russia then we cannot do that now since our banks here cannot transact with Russian banks. I guess Russia has to soften its stand otherwise its economy will be crippled and they will again experience the situation that there is no food in the market.

With the stocks, those companies that are related to Russia will suffer because their price will dip in the market. It is scary to invest in Russian stocks now and I think even Russians will be divesting themselves of Russian stocks.