Importance of saving money for old age

Heartstrings

It is absolutely very normal and important to save money aside for the purpose of old age,or better still have business that can increase your source of income,it will help in the long run. There are people who you can easily employ to help you run the business. As a young guy don't think you still have enough time in your hands to make money and lavish the ones you have without saving, believe me old age do come with its baggage,and the more some people get old the more they developed health issues. Don't you rely on your children 100% when the time comes,they may not be financially stable to take care of you so well,when they have their own family,needs and bills to pay. That is why we need to save or have more than one source of income that would help us at old age. Make sure you are determined and stick with the plan of the money and not just save for saving sake.

E

eldavis

Saving for old age or making preparations for old age is one thing I believe everyone should do. These days you can't really depend on your kids or pension. It would be better to make preparations now and if possible make investments that would help you generate more money at your old age. This is why most elderly people have shops they run. They might have used their savings to set up a store for themselves. I have seen cases where most elderly persons have not been paid their pension for me for months now.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Saving for old age is essential and people shouldn't make such mistake of not planning for their old age . If we are not planning for our old age and organise thing perfectly then we are likely to live a miserable life . That's just the reality , I am not here to hide anything.

I have seen so many situations of people wasting their futures away , chasing and spending money on unnecessary things that may not likely help them in the future in the cost of enjoying their life thereby neglecting their future which is one of the most important priority .

One of the greatest advantage of saving for old age is the fact that with that you won't lack something to eat and rely on and this will save you from the stress of having to depend on your children all the time. You can live comfortably without problems as long as there is money

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
It is absolutely very normal and important to save money aside for the purpose of old age,or better still have business that can increase your source of income,it will help in the long run. There are people who you can easily employ to help you run the business. As a young guy don't think you still have enough time in your hands to make money and lavish the ones you have without saving, believe me old age do come with its baggage,and the more some people get old the more they developed health issues. Don't you rely on your children 100% when the time comes,they may not be financially stable to take care of you so well,when they have their own family,needs and bills to pay. That is why we need to save or have more than one source of income that would help us at old age. Make sure you are determined and stick with the plan of the money and not just save for saving sake.
I fully agree with everything you mention in your interesting thread. It is very important to save money for old age. When we are young and strong, perhaps we do not realize that one day we will be old and weak. Unfortunately, we are all getting old and we are developing health problems, so it is essential to save money for old age and not depend financially on others.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
One of the most important reasons for saving is indeed for old age. When you are still young, agile and vibrant, you can be able to to work and earn much even more that what you will need currently in order to live a luxurious life. This will not last as with the inception of old age, you will discover as science will expose to us, that your body will get weak and you will be void of the strength, energy and morale that you once had while you were young.

Therefore you must save for the purpose of the time when you cannot work - old age. That is the point that saving for retirement tries to reiterate. Most people retire or should I say the main point of retiring is because you have reached an age where your capability and abilities gets retarded and that is why saving for old age is very important.

King bell

VIP Contributor
It is important to save money for old age at this time because when you are older, there is much less that you can do to earn a living. It is not the same when you are young and can easily find a job to support yourself and your family. There are many ways to save money for old age such as in retirement accounts or by saving through education so people want their children in their own careers.

The importance of saving for old age was discussed by an article which was published by The Motley Fool. There were many quotes from experts who gave their opinions on the importance of saving before it becomes harder to do so with no means of supporting oneself in the future. The author, who was from The Motley Fool, said that Americans feel it is necessary to save money for old age because it is very important. There are many reasons why people want to keep the amount of money saved for old age. It is not a topic that can just be left alone and ignored because it is an issue of concern. All the persons who were interviewed agreed with this idea and also said that it is important to save at least some money every year so that in a few years one does not have to do without anything and will be able to live comfortably.