Investing on jewelry

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Jewelry is one commodity that does not depreciate unless the jewelry is fake. Especially jewelry made of high quality gold (about 20 karats or higher) and has a stone of diamond that will fetch a good price if you would sell it after some years. My grandmother had invested in such jewelry but her intention was to leave the jewelry to her daughters. I know that some of those inherited jewelry landed in the pawnshop and some were sold for a big sum. To be frank, I was inspired by that inheritance that I am now thinking that my own jewelry will be of big value 10 years from now.

Nova

I think jewelry can be a good investment. Provided that the quality of the gold and other items is genuine. A lot of times people are ditched and duped into the wrong items and the low quality products. That kind of makes things worst for all of us. I remember people used to bury their family treasures into some deep places in the house. And they take it out when there was family emergency and that was the time they used to sell it. That works out for all generations.

I know that today people buy the electronic gold and jewelry shares and for the people that work out. If they want the money they kind fo quickly sell it off. And that means the investment into such type of the items does have some value. And there is nothing wrong with making that sort of the investment.