Investment or business, which one do you prefer ?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
If you are to choose between investment and business which one will you prefer ?

Base on my understanding , both of them has their own advantage and disadvantage . When establishing a business it will need your own physical participation and supervision because you can't possibly start up a business when you are not ready to take the responsibilities to grow the business to your expected standard. Sometimes the stress of starting a business at the early stage is always discouraging.

And also at the same time investment is just for you to commit a certain amount of money to a particular projects. There are some risk factors associated with investment such as investing in the wrong project.

If we are to consider the advantage of both of them , we could consider business to be more profitable compared to investment because investment will only give you a certain amount of fix profit within a period of time but business can generate a serious profit if its a successful one .

Now the question is , if you have the money now which one will you likely have interest to do , will you invest your money or will you start up a business ? Let's discuss below.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
In my own perspective or point of view , the both which is business and investment are considered to be a medium to earn money . But one thing we must understand is that when it come to investment a lot of things cause it not to be advisable for example it is prone to be unlegit . This is actually true in most cases , because there are a lot of individual who have been defrauded and scammed off their money as a result of investing on various online money making platforms by various online scammers and fraudsters .

On the other hand , owning a business is said to be a physical investment , this is actually so because you will be able to see the inflow and outflow of your money without worrying about whether it get stolen or not . A lot of people prefer businesses rather than investment online , but which may understand that they both have advantages to the other and also disadvantages to the other . for example online investment is said to be more profitable and paying than opening a business offline . In conclusion , it actually depends on the individual taste and preference to choose whether he or she will either invest or go into business .

Kendy

Verified member
This is actually a hard one to choose because I prefer the both. Well, since I am to choose one, I would definitely go for business. Business which is still in the sense of investment. I would prefer to go into real estate business, where I would purchase lots of lands. I would utilize it by building on it, which I would flip it at a later time when the value or worth of the land appreciates and I would use the rest to build houses and shops for rent purpose to my potential tenants. I would also set up a standard citadel of learning where students can get knowledge and impact. Would use the rest for agricultural activities, right from cultivating of crops to rearing of livestock. Personally,the brain behind investing or having an investment would be to start up a business. I would not be investing continuously without having a business in mind. Any investment I engage in, would be to achieve my goal either on a short-term or long-term basis. The goal of investing would be to set up a business and this is more like having a means to an end. Investment is a short-term goal while business is a long-term goal for me.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Provided it is of income generating, it is considered business as well. Business has to do with a venture that is expected to give an entrepreneur a return of investment (ROI). Same goes for investment. When you invest your funds, you simply expect to make profit off your investment and not seeing it crashing down. As a business owner you're always expected to think futuristic, and have other income streams too, and not just dwelling a single business option. It takes time to build multiple streams of business especially when you started from a scratch. It is wise to start from gradually and build your way up and invest your funds wisely in other profitable ventures online or offline.

Wiserr

Well you have already made mentioned most of the major difference about the two terms either engaging on business or even investing, even though I believe this two categories or form of business have a lot of difference, some people tends to go for investing either long term or short term, while others tends to engage themselves in either buying and selling of goods or services, and I believe both of then when done appropriately they tends to generate a lot of income for one
But when not done appropriately they are both related to failure, or even lost.
Here are some of the investment one can engage, investment that one can earn passive income even though it USD to take a lot of time, investing on things like real estate, I believe this one is not related to lost but earning income, most especially in a case were by one buys either house or land and rent it to people, I believe one will earn a lot on this form of business, while there are a lot of business that one can engage on, business like opening a company or opening a wholesale shop, I think both of them has advantages and disadvantage.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have a business plan for selling cooked snack foods. It is a home based business so the capital is very small like $20 for the start. My experience in the kitchen is suffient and the food that I will sell is just one snack food and not a variety. That means I can concentrate on that product. However, people in my circle are advising against a business. They are afraid that I might be stressed and since I am already alone in life so the stress may affect my health. Now the business is hanging in the air and I still cannot decide on whether to proceed or to heed the advice of the people around me.

With investment my choice is real estate but I cannot decide on the ownership. I have no legal heirs so it is impractical to buy a property unless I will name the title to a nephew or niece. It is a complicated issue so I need to settle down before making a final decision.