Is an investment part of your retirement planning?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was checking the list of my plans for retirement I didn't have investment there because my main concern is the savings. My wife said that as long as I have a good pension and money in the bank then I would be okay in my old age year. Besides, my wife is 8 years younger so she has the capability to earn for some years before I retire. But when I retired the thought of investment entered my mind although my wife and I agreed that we should not buy a property anymore because it is a hassle and it might just bring us stress. Now that I have more money in the bank the plan is to make the money to earn so that it will not be affected by inflation. It is a given that in 5 years time the value of money will go down to just 90% or even lower depending on the economic condition of our country. The interest rate of bank deposits now is very minimal at less than 1% per year which cannot help in terms of fighting inflation.

It may not be too late but I am still looking for an investment that is safe and easy to handle.

E

eldavis

I believe Investments should be part of everyone's plan when it comes to retirement, cause relying on pension alone would take you no where. It's better to have other sources of income as well. I plan on making real estate as one of my investments for retirement.

Good luck

Verified member
It is a good idea to have investment plan for retirement which one can easily leverage on after retiring fully after serving the government or private company for twenty or thirty years or more.Investment is very good in any way .it makes one to be focus and have a better tomorrow.Those that fail to plan an investment for their retirement are those struggling to get their gratuity from government.

Kendy

Verified member
An investment is definitely and the most highly prioritised part of my retirement plans, although I am not a worker yet in any private or government organisation but the knowledge of Real estate investment is really viable and feasible to me so I will cultivate the habit of making a twenty percentage of my total income where I will fix it in a deposit and I would use it to invest in real estate landed properties. There are people with various choices of their retirement plan, some invest in trading online, become shareholders for stocks and organisations, some become investors which are still profitable depending on how it is managed.

Real estate investment is my plan A when it comes to retirement planning because I would not want to depend on the government that cares less about the welfare of retirees. I would put many landed properties especially in sub-rural areas or developing areas where I can get vast portion of lands. I would utilize it for so many activities which includes; agricultural activities, where I would employ the services of farmers to cultivate different kinds of crops on them, I would use another to rear different varieties of livestock and I would build on the rest and occupy it with tenants who would pay the rents directly to my Lawyer to avoid complications.

Skysaint

Verified member
Investment is actually a good way to plan for your retirement and I don't think the idea of planning for your retirement is only for you to save up for that period but to invest it in something that will yield you almost the same salary monthly like your former job did.
So there's always the need for you to make investments, even if it means purchasing a property such as land and make resale when the area is being developed or is developed. I know someone who went into this kind of business long before his retirement and it did really help him a lot as he knows he still have responsibilities as a man after his retirement.
He had connections with the government and he would identify a particular place the government is planning to develop and he will purchase a land there, after the development must have been completed he would sell off at a very high price and that helped him even after his retirement. Investment is always a better option here.