Is an online university suitable to study practical courses?

Etini

Valued Contributor
The rise of technology has seen huge innovations in almost all sectors of human endeavor. One of the sectors influenced by technological advancements is the educational sector. There has been a rise in online degree programs and universities around the world. I have been curious to know how these online courses deal with practical programs like engineering, nursing et al.

I am not a pessimist. I just have genuine intentions to know. There are some courses in the university that are very practical-oriented. Some of those courses are being offered today as online programs where a person can study remotely and earn a degree. How do these online programs inculcate the practical aspect of these courses into their online models? If I want to study a practical-oriented course, can I attend an online university and still be well-versed in the practical aspect of the course? I met a person studying computer science at an online university and was curious to know how they learn the course.

E

eldavis

I think does who study such courses have to put in extra work. Lets take graphic designing for example, it is actually more of practical than theories, and i did most of my learning online. Though these online courses that has to do with practical usually do step by step videos for students to easily understand but in most cases it could still be abit difficult cause you may not have access to ask questions and all that. What i did was to also look for materials outside what i was being taught, i started learning, then i kept on trying on my own till i got it right.