Is education still the key to be financially successful today.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
A friend of mine asked me this question and to be sincere I laughed . This is because I know full well that the country or region in which I reside which is known as Nigeria a lot of people mindsets have been changed to what how they view education . Initially our parents have always taught us to concentrate and exhibit good and commendable behaviours and attitudes in our place of education or in our school and college of education but today our parents did not even advise us to do so possibly because they know that education is no longer the key to be successful and to be financially free today . I do not know for other regions and country but I am speaking on behalf of my country which is Nigeria that education is actually or totally not the key to a financially successful in Nigeria but rather creativity and the ability to outsmart others in the morning making game is actually the best key to be financially successful in Nigeria today .

Education in itself is not bad , and in fact every individual must make sure that he become properly educated possibly to some extent . But he or she shouldn't depend or dwell on education as the only medium or as the only strategy that he or she could use to aspire in life because a lot of people with this mindset has been led disappointed , devastated , and remorseful when they later found out the truth .

Jasz

VIP Contributor
In recent years there has been a shift in the mindset of youths in Nigeria. Very few youths now see white collar jobs as something to aspire to, and many have begun crafting and trading instead. So many of them believe going to school to acquire a degree is now a risk or not even worth it, compared to before.

There is a big employment gap in Nigeria, and youths are not getting proper jobs which fit their qualifications. Most people believe you only get employed with connections. They believe only those at the top positions, notably oil companies and the likes earn huge salaries while others are just working so much to earn little.
This has also highlighted growing tensions between youths and the Nigerian political elite more broadly, who tend to view technocrats as elitists.

Most Youths now prefer to learn a trade or craft. They are often referred to as plumbers, electricians, tailors, tilers, mechanics, painters, hair dressers. It is believed that the wages obtained from these crafts or skills when accumulated in a month is far greater than someone working as a teacher, office assistant, banker and the likes. You also have time for yourself, you decide when to work and when not to.

The disadvantage is that, some of these work have seasons, sometimes it is difficult to get customers, by then you need to do with whatever you have accumulated. Salary earners too sometimes don't get all their salaries in some months, probably because of strike, suspension, change of policies and the likes.

Ajebo25

Verified member
With this question I think the question which we just asked depends mainly on the country because in Nigeria where I live at kitchen was on important send in those days but now you will experience graduates suffering on the street 7 people who didn't have any phone of weather education weather primary or second drawer even University education are more balanced financially is on people who spends all your lives in the school with the hope of graduating and be coming is somebody and life but this changes when think graduate find out that there know job opportunities for their so see graduates become unemployed on this has led to many problem in Nigeria.

I think if people can get the opportunity to travel out of this country I think allocation then we still be the key because many people will get employment jobs and life would be more easier but why will your Citizens go to other countries before the can find a job when the spent all day lives learning in Nigeria I think this is a problem which all government need to talk another two promote good Society and bright future for all country and eradicate joblessnes

allison001

Verified member
What a great topic. In my own aspect about this I don't think that education is the key to be financially successful, especially in today's world. Some people have the Grace or luck to become successful in life through education while most people find it difficult to be successful even after completing their education.

Let's do this so that you find the best answer to this.
Is there any legit way or means in which we can be financially successful without education?

Yes i think there's, I see a lot of people becoming millionaires without going to school, like higher college. In what legitimate way do they become successful without education?

I know of so many forex traders that do make so much money everyday without education. We are not trying to say that education is bad, but what I'm trying to say is that most people, let's say 80% of citizens do become millionaires without education, especially here in my country.

You can spend 7 years in school having in mind to become successful in the future after you are done, but after that you have no backup.

So I strongly say that education is not the key to become financially successful.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
Education indeed could be the key to be financially successful in other countries but in Nigeria which is my country I do not think that education is necessary the key to be financially successful today . In Nigeria the government of the country do not have the growth , interest , and the development of its citizens and people in their agenda and yet there are a lot of graduates graduating from various universities in Nigeria is hoping that when they graduate they will see a job opportunity for them to accommodate but it turns out that there is absolutely no job opportunity in Nigeria and according to research and report it is considered than Nigeria is one of the country that contains a lot of jobless individuals and a lot of these individuals and graduates roaming the streets all about .

In this way it is very pertinent and easy to judge that education is no longer the key to be financially successful in Nigeria but rather your creativity and your ability to to use your mental faculties to creatify various ways to make money . The internet have indeed been a financial lifesaver to majority of Nigerians living in Nigeria .

E

eldavis

Education is the key to success, here is what most people do not understand. When we talk about education, alot of persons tends to reason the school alone but the truth of the matter is that the school is not the only place we get education, education is not also limited to what we learn from text books as well.
Learning a new skill set is also part of education. Though education is mostly associated with schools and universities, it does not end there. Gaining experience In a particular field is also part of education.
So to succeed education is the key and would always remain the key. The reason why some persons might say other wise is cause they assume education has to do with just a school setup.

blessingc

According to wikipedia "Education is the process of facilitating learning, or the acquisition of knowledge, skills, values, morals, beliefs, habits, and personal development". Yes it is known far and wide that education has to do with going to school, but I think education is not only about going to school. You can be JUST an high school graduate and have knowledge, morals, good habits, and special skills. 3 days ago I read a news about a 16 years old Nigerian boy who was picked up by a country far away, not even an African country, but Italy because he has a good knowledge about blockchain and he is a good web developer, the little boy is not a university graduate. He can never lack finance at his little age because, he is wise and intelligent even without furthering he is succeeding.

Education isn't the only key financial success. There are alot of billionaires in the world today who weren't even able to finish their secondary education.
Someone like Bill Gates the co-founder of Microsoft Corporation, the world largest software company, dropped out of Harvard to focus on building Microsoft.
Henry Ford is another he was an automobile billionaire who was born in abject poverty. He never saw the four walls of school but he went on to build Ford Motor Company and become one of the richest men that ever lived.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Education is still the key to me in the sense that there are a lot of people who are still making a living from their academic qualification and also at the same time some people can also make a living from their skill , so it is left for us to decide which one will be more suitable for rust.

Over here most skill are underrated and there is high competition there by making it quite difficult for people to make a living from it. As a result it could be a wise decision for you to choose things you believe can be able to generate you enough money for your daily up keeping and sorting out every financial challenge you may be going through.

Education at the same time may not also be the best in the sense that there are some educational qualification that may not likely help you in any way especially in my country that there is high level of unemployment , as a result it is also advisable for you to go for educatinal skills that are on high demand and something you can possibly get immediate employment after graduation, not just employment but payments will also be something reasonable.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
in this imperfect world now nothing is certain, and it is well known nothing in life is permanent. I think the world has so revolved to a point now that education is no longer the all in all. Before now for one to be successful you would have gotten a good amount of education to excel. The emphasis on paper qualifications was very high but it isn't that serious now as more emphasis have been placed on skills acquired and what has to offered in a place of work

Looking at the world around a lot of people that are rich, wealthy, famous and successful are mostly those that have been able to make money and not those with education or Education qualifications. I'm not disputing the fact that education had it roles to play on our individual lives but when it comes to still being the key it isn't any longer.

Jobs placement now has been about abilities and skills gotten now. Yes education helps for one to express self better to be able to get a job but just with education, the job offer might not get to one. So this is why people are learning skills both online and offline.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Education is the key but not basically the key to success financially. There is no where in the world where education is not revered. In fact, education is the basic ingredient needed to sustain a good and developed country.

Unfortunately, people have attributed success to finance. They have thought that if you are not rich, then you are not a successful being. This is the reason why people do believe that education is the key to financial success but it is more than that, education is the key to all things that human that can think of.

There is nothing that an educated person cannot make money with. Education will broad our knowledge to the extent that we will be seeing opportunities in all ramifications. That's why people that are educated are always unique in what they do.

Unfortunately, in some regions, they have bastardized education system. There is nothing to show as an educated fellow. Their is no room to express themselves as educated fellows. They don't have much to show. The educated fellows are riders and drivers while those that so not even near school are the ones flexing money.

All the same education will forever remain the key .

moneyteam

Yes, education is still the key to be financially successful today. However, it's not just about getting a degree from a prestigious university. It's also about having the drive and ambition to learn as much as you can, and then putting that knowledge to use in order to achieve your goals.

Too many people think that getting a college degree is the end-all-be-all of success, but that's simply not true. A college degree is just the beginning; it's what you do with that degree that really counts. So if you're determined to be financially successful, make sure you invest in yourself by constantly learning and advancing your skills. The sky's the limit!

Mika

VIP Contributor
I feel so distressed when I see people having the wrong view of education. Let me the OP you one simple question, if you think more than the education you need "creativity and the ability to outsmart others in the morning making game" tell me what makes you creative and give you the ability to outsmart others? Do you think you become creative and have the ability to outsmart other people inside your mother's womb, or do you learn to become creative and build the ability to outsmart other people by learning? It is true that we are born with some kind of intelligence but everything we have, for example, skills, knowledge, efficiency, ability, etc. we build through learning. What does learning actually mean? Education is a way to learn. Education means going to school, college and university; education means attending vocational training, education will help you gin something that will help you in your personal life and professional life. Imagine you want to work as a car mechanic, can you become a car mechanic without learning how to repair a car? Without learning basic engineering, how can you become a mechanic? I don't see hope in life without education.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Here in my country Kenya, parents still tell their children to concentrate in their education. But if you have gone through the education system, you just know that it is not really that important for financial success. Especially since the education system focuses more on teaching theories than impacting people with skills through practical knowledge.

Moreover, many people are taught to just finish school and get employed. Only to find that the employment spaces are so saturated due to the high populations in most countries these days. So you graduate from school, have your certificates but don't know what to do with them because your plan was to get employed, no plan B.

I think people's mindsets should start being changed. They should start getting plan Bs apart from employment. You know, you can start a business, learn a skill that you can sell online to the global market or look for solutions through investing new things.

Otherwise, education is great for giving you basic knowledge and skills. But it is not a determinant to financial success. You need to perfect a skill and and package yourself to be both self employed and ready to work for others. You should actually bring something that people need so that you can get paid for it.

There is no question that a good education is still the best way to ensure a bright future. However, it is no longer the only way to be successful financially. In today’s world, there are many opportunities for those who are willing to work hard and take risks.

There are many ways to achieve financial success without a college degree. One important thing to remember is that it is not always necessary to have a lot of money to make money. Those who are creative and innovative can find ways to succeed even in tough economic times.

There are many myths about what it takes to become successful. One of the most common is that you need to have a college degree. While education is important, it’s not the only factor that determines your success in life. In fact, there are many successful people who never graduated from college.

There are many different paths to success. You can find examples of people who achieved great things without a college degree in every industry. The most important thing is to find something you’re passionate about and work hard at it. With enough determination and hard work, you can achieve anything you set your mind to.