Is exporting Locust beans a profitable business?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I was discoursing with one of my friend and he told me that we should invest in producing locust beans(iru,agwa,dawadawa,ogiri,sumbala etc) and look for somebody that can be helping us so that we can start to exporting it.

We have taken steps by looking for a place where we can be buying product (seed) in bulk so that we can be producing it in mash.

We have also started to make some research on those countries that we be in need of it. Likewise we had delibrate on the mode of our packaging in order to make it look attractive to the buyers.

So our research now is on how to know may be the business will attract more returns at the end.

That's why I asked that question that; Is exporting of Locust beans a profitable business?

This made me to actually run down the exportation data and I realise that locust beans is actually one of the products that is being exported very well out of the country. As a produce in itself it is very nutritious and contains a lot of valuable nutrients so if you are going to engage in exporting it then it is going to create good profit.