Is having money beneficial or harmful

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Inappropriate Thread Discussion
Money is good but it is indeed a sharp double edged sword. It has its good side and a bad side and the part that it uses on you depends a lot on your mindset.

People think that having money is dangerous because of many reasons. Others say wealth makes you proud and inhuman, it makes you lose the feeling of want and despise the less privileged. For some religious persons, they believe wealth distracts you and keeps you away from dedicating your self to worship.
Some others feel you risk your life when you have money because thieves and kidnappers will spot and try to attack you. All these are some reasons people think wealth is dangerous.

On the other hand wealth is seen as beneficial to some groups of people. You use money to take care of your needs and even that of others. It helps you live a poverty free life and you won't have to struggle with how to survive. Others feel money and being rich is good because it gives you the opportunity to improve people's lives and standards of living.

What is your take about money and being rich?
Share it in the comments section.

E

eldavis

Personally I feel it's all a matter of choice. Like you said it's an two edge sword, meaning it is good and it is also bad. But I don't really think money itself is bad, it is actually how you make use of it that matters, which boils down to the matter if choice. Let's say for example I could have money today and use it for illegal activities and start bullying does around me, or I could decide to use my money to better the lives of does around me.

Mastergp

Verified member
Having money in effect can be beneficial to the beholder, and harmful too, but let see how having money can beneficial, when one process money has liberty to do any thing, that is to say he could buy what he need or want at any point in time.
Most time people who earn money usually receive respect and honor because of the money they have, they are most times treated as gods or royalty because the have money that many people are lacking, with money one would also processes houses, cars and most of this houses he has maybe within or outside the country he is residing. And also o he could also travel to any country he which to travel because he has the money to do so.

But in the part of money being harmful when one keeps on pursuing money he or she may also forget caring for his family emotionally a family need to be look upon apart providing them financially. Must time those that process this money may also face attack because of the money they have.
Sometimes because of the love of money one could look for illegal ways to make money and this have resulted to lost of life and properties.