Is it good to employ family or friend in to one company??

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
At times we use to say; a friend in need is a friend indeed. Can this also work when considering employing workers in to one company?. To my little knowledge and understanding I cant really say its good in one side. As we all known that company is a on it own in which no body should interupt with in any way. The idea of running a company should not be influence by any family or friend because it can lead to negative effect on the company.

If some one employ his/her friend in to company the way he/she will be treating his/friend will be different despite of any offence committed by that friend or family and it may bring the company dawn. If the family or friend committed a fraud in the company for someone to take the person to police station will be very difficult even some family may go to the extra mile to disown the person. So as for me I don't think its good to employ family or friend in ones company.

I will like to learn more from your own opinion. Is it good or bad?​

Last edited by a moderator:

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
To be honest I don't think is a good idea to employee family or friend in one company, because the way they are working in your company won't be as serious as another employee, why are they doing this way? Simply because they know you and they think you won't be able to fire them, that's one of the reason I think is not a good idea to employ a friend or any family member in One company.

PICKFORD

Verified member
In my own opinion it both ways, good and bad. But I'll strongly stand for it been a bad idea in the sense that when you bring someone either a close relative or your close friend to the company the might be at first good but as time passes by things will suddenly change to worst or bad. No matter how good they are, the wil one to see the bad side of you and will start planning evil.

Briangsam

I would never advise anyone to employ relatives, family members or even friends in your business. Generally, I always tell people not to employ people that you can not arrest, charge to court or even jail. They tend to have a lax attitude towards the business, because they know that you will find it hard to fire them because they will bring up emotion and sentiments.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have experienced having my best friend work under me in a project. Oh my, I was abused because he would be coming in very late and he would leave early while I was still in the office working over time. Aside from punctuality problems he frequently stays in the pantry to have coffee and to chat with other employees. That's a big waste of time.