Is it possible to make money from dropshipping?

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Drop shipping is one of the ways to keep making money on the internet and people are actually moving into this form of business. it is a very simple way to make money by re-selling products from a major supplier and you need to do is just to create a store for yourself and when your customer or client order for that product you would buy it from the supplier, the product will be sent directly to the buyer and you don't have to touch the product. All you need to do is to pay and the customer will receive the prosuct without shipping cost. Then you will keep the profit.

This is a very simple way to make money today because you don't need to cover the cost of shipping and you don't really need to touch the product. For instance, if a customer ordered for a toothpaste from my store and the price that i placed on it towards $5, I would buy the toothpaste from Amazon at the rate of $3 and I will sell to my clients at $5 making a profit of $2. that is just the simple analogy of dropshipping. I'm just wondering if it is really possible to make money from dropshipping today because it looks easy but you would have to put in so much effort to create a store for yourself and you will need lots of marketing campaigns.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
The short answer is yes, it is possible to make money from dropshipping.
The long answer is also yes, but with a lot of caveats. First, let's talk about what dropshipping entails. Dropshipping is when you sell products directly to customers without actually owning the merchandise or inventory. You simply find a supplier who sells the product you want to sell, buy it from them at wholesale price, and then mark up the price by however much you want to make per item sold. Then you take orders online and send them straight through to your supplier, who will ship out the products directly to the customer without charging you anything extra on top of that wholesale price.

Sounds great! So how do you get started?
Well… first off all, there are some major drawbacks to this business model as lucrative as it's. First off all, if something goes wrong with shipping, inventory management or products (and believe me, something WILL go wrong), it will be YOUR responsibility not your supplier's to cover any discrepancies in customer satisfaction or negative reviews that come out of those problems. If someone returns an item because it wasn't working correctly or was damaged in transit but WASN'T damaged when shipped out by you, it will be your cup of tea.

Mika

VIP Contributor
It is absolutely possible to make money through dropshipping. I have tried dropshipping and I have managed to sell products and make money. However, before you try dropshipping yourself, you need to understand a couple of things. Well, dropshipping does not require you to spend money to build your inventory, however, dropshipping is not a hundred percent free method to make money. You will have to spend a lot of money to build your store and also spend money on marketing. The second important thing to consider is what kind of store you are building (because this will determine your start up cost). If you are using premium software like Shopify, you will be spending a lot of money, wordpress with woocommerce is a cheaper option but you still have to spend money on themes and plugins. If you do not want to take alot of risk, you can try dropshipping on marketplaces like ebay or even facebook marketplace. This saves you money on building a store but you still need to spend money on advertising as without advertising it is quite not possible to generate sales. You also need to be very careful about the products you want to sell.

Peru

Drop shipping is one of the ways to keep making money on the internet and people are actually moving into this form of business. it is a very simple way to make money by re-selling products from a major supplier and you need to do is just to create a store for yourself and when your customer or client order for that product you would buy it from the supplier, the product will be sent directly to the buyer and you don't have to touch the product. All you need to do is to pay and the customer will receive the prosuct without shipping cost. Then you will keep the profit.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I don't really have much idea about this business because dropshipping is not really popular over here . The only popular business I know that is related to this type of business is digital marketing and mini importation in which you have to import goods from other countries and sell it in e-commerce platforms to make extra profit..

The profitability of this business as I see will depend on so many things like the location you are . In certain countries like here in Nigeria it will be very difficult for you to make money in this business and instead of going into dropshipping you should rather look for a way to import these product directly from the manufacturers and have them in your warehouse and sell it for profit..

If you are interested to engage in this business then personally I would not advise you to engage as it may not be profitable as you think.