Is SCF a Scam?

Suba

Staff member
SCF or Speakchatforum is a general chat forum, where members can have small talk about: Birthdays, Food & Drink, Health & Fitness, Movies & TV Shows, Business, Economics, Finance, Current Affairs, Politics & Debates, Technology, Gaming, Science, Paranormal & The Unexplained etc.

Speakchatforum was launched on May 2, 2023, SCF is not a paid to post site, so members don't get paid for every post they have created but this forum site will pay members for the activity of members who post every day, at least 5 posts a day and you will be paid $18 per month. via PayPal only.

Until now this SCF site pays its members, and I have found proof of their payment on many forum sites. All SCF members are also very friendly and welcoming, so it will make you feel at home for long at the SCF site.

But unfortunately, because the admin is not active, the members are abandoned.

Last edited:

Etini

Valued Contributor
Speak Chat Forum didn't start out as a scam because it was never a paid to post forum from inception. And I think the admin was desperate to boost activity on the site and he embarked on a campaign to have paid posters on the forum. Expectedly, the engagement level on the site increased.

But then, it seemed that the payment became overwhelming for the admin and he went AWOL. He only just returned and cautioned everyone not to talk about anything related to payment or risk a ban. Is SCF a scam? Yes. It scammed the people that were invited to post for pay.

rubesh

Banned
It is interesting to hear that Speakchatforum (SCF) provides a forum for a variety of discussions on a variety of topics. The fact that it creates friendly and welcoming people makes it all the more appealing. However, concerns about the lack of active governance and potential member defections are unfortunate. Active marketing is essential to maintaining a thriving online community.

If you are a member, perhaps consider reaching out to your fellow members to discuss solutions or ways to improve the situation. You can make suggestions on hiring new managers or find ways to revitalize the community. Alternatively, if there are other forums or active forums around similar interests, you can also explore them.

Remember, the success of online forums often depends on staff and member engagement, so a collaborative effort can have a significant impact.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I heard about this forum on Forum Coin. Based on my research, I can say this is not a paid to post site. However admin was paying to some users for paid posting. I never used the site but I heard from some members that they were not allowed to talk about payment on the site. I guess the owner was trying to build user base and activities by paying members and he was not building the site as paid to post forum. I think the site stopped paying a long time.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I heard about this forum on Forum Coin. Based on my research, I can say this is not a paid to post site. However admin was paying to some users for paid posting. I never used the site but I heard from some members that they were not allowed to talk about payment on the site. I guess the owner was trying to build user base and activities by paying members and he was not building the site as paid to post forum. I think the site stopped paying a long time.
If you are not running a paid to post forum, it is always wrong to pay people for activities on your forum. That's because when once the incentives are no longer existent, those users would go with their activities. As it stands now, I think the site is worse off than it was before the initiative to bring in posters for pay. The activity level on the site is completely down.

I believe that a site should be allowed to grow systemically to allow for sustainable and long term growth. Now, the site and the owner have a bad reputation just because they invited people to come and post for pay.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you are not running a paid to post forum, it is always wrong to pay people for activities on your forum. That's because when once the incentives are no longer existent, those users would go with their activities. As it stands now, I think the site is worse off than it was before the initiative to bring in posters for pay. The activity level on the site is completely down.

I believe that a site should be allowed to grow systemically to allow for sustainable and long term growth. Now, the site and the owner have a bad reputation just because they invited people to come and post for pay.
Not just paid to post sites, a lot of forums that are not paid to post pay users for posting. These forums hire paid posters privately to improve activities on their forum. I know a lot of forum owners who do this. If you have visited any webmaster forums, you will see how forum owners hire people to post on their sites. However, these are usually on contract basis, and once contract ends you don't earn for posting.

Etini

Valued Contributor
Not just paid to post sites, a lot of forums that are not paid to post pay users for posting. These forums hire paid posters privately to improve activities on their forum. I know a lot of forum owners who do this. If you have visited any webmaster forums, you will see how forum owners hire people to post on their sites. However, these are usually on contract basis, and once contract ends you don't earn for posting.
That's actually true though. But I quite remember the admin of Speak Chat forum posting publicly on RIF that people from RIF that came to post on Speak Chat Forum would be paid monthly. It wasn't just a personal invitation thing. There is a promotional post he made on RIF inviting RIF members to come post on Speak Chat forum for $18 monthly pay.

I feel that what he could have done would have been to terminate that arrangement publicly instead of going AWOL. It is all fine though as everyone has already moved on. If I am to accept such forum posting tasks in future, it would be payment upfront.