Is the newspaper an still a relevant form of advertising?

Jonaville

A decade ago, no day will pass by and someone would not read at least one newspaper. So it was a very effective means of advertising products then because you are sure it will reach a wide array of people from which some might develop interest.

But such cannot be said of today. Most people prefer to just open their phones and read news there than stress themselves reading a newspaper. As a result, the number of people reading the newspapers are steadily decreasing. And this in turn is affecting the advertisement power the newspaper once had. Now it remains to be seen if newspapers are still effective means of advertisement.

Do you think newspapers are still relevant in advertising in today's world?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Just like I said in my previous post when someone asked of radio advertisement, no advertisement can be written off. We have many people in the world with many taste. We still have some people despite the technology still buying newspaper just because they are looking for some job sections there.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Though before this day really the sakes of the news paper used to highly increased but now things has turned around negatively for the sellers business the technology has made it more easier that so far you have data(megabit) on your phone you can know all the news and read it without buying any papers. So that has really cause havoc to Newspapers.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Just forget about the internet era that we are now, what I have observed is that a lot of people read newspaper more than you can imagine it is not everyone that have access to mobile phone that is why most people will prefer to get newspaper to read at the comfort of their own most especially politicians and other people that have interest in the affairs of the government.

Good luck

Verified member
Some people can not do without reading newspaper because they think that is the only medium you can get a good details of any news or updates across the globe.So it is still a very moving very fast in the market.especially those old people really find it more relaxed and interesting reading newspaper so kill worries.