Is there any difference between Trading and business?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Some time I do think about this often that; can we really separate Trading away from business?
According to the definition of trading; it says that trade is the way of buying and selling of goods and services.

As I can see it that Trading is a component of the business activity. That is,trading referee to as buying and selling of goods and services facilitated by the means of exchange such as money while business in the other hand is an organization where goods and services are exchange for one another or money.

Business is the entre enterprise of making,selling and controlling the production of goods while trade is a narrower activity involves only the buying and selling of goods.
What is the different between the trading and business?

Both of them are of the same method because they both has to deal with business but they have a slight differences. Trading is the acts in which you buy and sell a product for profit that is all, business is anything you can do legitimately to generate a profit as a source of income to you.

My understanding of trading is the business of buying and selling. When your business is rendering service then there is no trading involved because you do not have supplies but simply what you need are customers. In most businesses buying supplies and selling products are the common transactions. Even in manufacturing they buy raw materials, make into products and sell the products.