is transportation business profitable?

funmi

Verified member
Transportation is said to be a means of carrying people, goods and services from one place to another. If transportation is as important as did, is it possible for someone who wants to go into the business to be successful in it?
I can not really give an answer to this question due to the fact that transportation is the only means that can make goods and services to get to their finally consumers.
Though, I have seen many people who are into this type of business in my area, but they seems not to be okay to me. Seeing them from a far, it looks as if they are struggling in the business and the money that is coming out of it is not as much as people think they are making.
In fact, one of the drivers that I know who is a neighbour to me, has stopped the business and packed his car in front of the House and he has now started a new business.
Does it mean that transportation business is not profitable?
Your contributions will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I put it to you that transportation is one of the most profitable business in Nigeria today. But most people do not give regard to this business because they think it’s not civilized and lucrative enough, people see transportation business in Nigeria as a business for the low-life and the illiterates.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I belive transportation is can be very lucrative if one know how to manage business very well. Before one will be doing something like transportation business there are some things that needed to be put in to consideration. One of this is that; is that the area where you want to stag your business and the people that will be using as workers matter.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
In a country like Nigeria, transportation is very lucrative especially the inter state aspect of it. This is because the number of people that depend solely on public transportation is higher than those that can afford private transportation. The only problem is that the roads are not that good which may make maintenance compulsory if not every month.

Good luck

Verified member
The business is very good and lucrative.One can make a very good earnings from such a business but the business has some little challenges like when it develop a serious issue may be from the engine and it requires you changing the engine,one will be so much frustrated about the car or bus. The joy is to see it working perfectly apart from fuel and changing of oil.

tray59

The business is very good and lucrative.One can make a very good earnings from such a business but the business has some little challenges like when it develop a serious issue may be from the engine and it requires you changing the engine,one will be so much frustrated about the car or bus. The joy is to see it working perfectly apart from fuel and changing of oil.
You are right transportation business is a very good business and its also profitable but the major thing is you need to know where there is population of people who can opted to board your vehicle immidiately you offload it,as for the engine you talk about fixing it that shouldnt be an issue do you know why because you suppose to reserve some fund and keep for the maintenance of the vehicle.so that shouldnt be an excuse

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Transportation is the blood system of any economy in any country. This shows that transportation business will continue to thrive in any economy. Transportation business will be more lucrative if it happens that the population at the place where you want to set it up is rising virtually every time. Just do stability study before you start.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Having a fleet of buses or taxicabs can be a good business for profit. However, in this pandemic era it seems that all businesses are affected. There is the protocol that only 50% capacity is allowed in public transport which cuts down the revenue to less than half (standing passengers are not allowed either). Only after the pandemic can the transport industry recover.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Transportation business is highly profitable cos there is no how you won't want to enter transport, if you are going to far places, Unless if you are mobile on your own. But there are times when your car would break down and you would need to enter public transport, so transportation is inevitable.

Skysaint

Verified member
I don't think the drivers you mentioned are part of the transportation business, they are just paid workers. The owners of the business and vehicles used for transportation are those I see as to be into transportation business and believe me that they are really making money out of it. I mean it's very lucrative in my locality.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
In my country the business is very profitable because most people actually Transport product from one region to another and they are paid for the job they do ,so it's profitable it's just best to have the right support and strategyto increase the service and make more profit with gain's

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Transportation business is lucrative in a place or a region where there is high population. Some of the Uber drivers are making more money than those working in the bank and other top places. You are going to make money of you have good vehicles that can withstand long distance journey.

Skysaint

Verified member
Transportation business is lucrative in a place or a region where there is high population. Some of the Uber drivers are making more money than those working in the bank and other top places. You are going to make money of you have good vehicles that can withstand long distance journey.
You know, some people do most times mistake those who are into transportation business as the drivers. In my own opinion, I think the drivers are just the paid workers employed to carry out the transportation business for their boss; the one who owns the vehicles. The boss actually do earn alot from the transportation business, but the paid workers ie the drivers are not so doing well from the business in my locality.

Phabbyfundz

I want to say that there are so many untapped resources in the transport company.From the advent of delivery companies (logistics) to the movement of people. Even shipping is part of the transport industry.knowing where to invest in that suits the kind of consumers you want to reach out to.I must say that transportation is a very promising and lucrative venture.